Sign in to follow this  
theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I'm in full panic mode now. Surely we must sell players before Friday?!!

Well ideally last summer, given our recent history cant see us doing much TBH

I didn't expect any signings in the previous transfer window, then Hector & Onomah arrived so you never know.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Well ideally last summer, given our recent history cant see us doing much TBH

I guess not. I just wonder if the club actually fully own our players that were scouted by Doyen, hence the reluctance to sell?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No own agenda jack, just not got my head buried in the sand like a lot on here. We are in the financial poo and the quicker people wake up to that fact the better.

DC does not have a clue what he is doing and in the next few weeks when we are once again under an embargo those facts will come flooding out.

DC alluded to last season breaking FFP or P&S by a 8 figure sum that means either anywhere from £10,000,000 to £99,999,999 i.e. an 8 figures sum. We know the lost 3 season ago was £9.8m, 2 season ago the lost was £20.7m (if you don't believe me look at companies house its free) so the lost last year must have been at least £18.5m as 9.8+20.7+18.5 = £49m a 8 figure loss over P&S rules, of course the losses could be higher but I am working on the best case scenario. The accounts need to be filed by 1st March with the EFL so we will know then how much in the poo we are.

There is no agenda here but instead of looking for other source of income from the fans the club should be looking to cut costs, from player wages and the up side to this is some players will also bring income in from a transfer or maybe loan fee. Continue with our heads in the sand and things are only getting worse before better.

This season losses £20.7m + £18.5m meaning if we don't make a profit once again we are under an embargo. Whatever your slant an embargo is only bad for the club and will mean another season wasted and next season will be a relegation fight season with a management team on £2m a season, make the appointment of Bruce and his team seam even stranger.

Unless we have £10-20m coming into the club in the next day or so. - We wait with Bated breath.

I agree we're in the financial poo & DC is the only person to blame. Ideally I'd prefer us to sell players in the next 2 days, alleviate the FFP issue & avoid an embargo & other sanctions but that's dependant on reasonable offers coming in & DC taking his head out of the sand & realising we need to sell, unfortunately I doubt he will.

And I agree an embargo is not good for the club but should our number of experienced players fall below 24 to let's say your figure of 17 then the EFL would allow us to sign 7 players, albeit free transfers, out of contract players or loans with a limit on wages to each player.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I agree we're in the financial poo & DC is the only person to blame. Ideally I'd prefer us to sell players in the next 2 days, alleviate the FFP issue & avoid an embargo & other sanctions but that's dependant on reasonable offers coming in & DC taking his head out of the sand & realising we need to sell, unfortunately I doubt he will.

And I agree an embargo is not good for the club but should our number of experienced players fall below 24 to let's say your figure of 17 then the EFL would allow us to sign 7 players, albeit free transfers, out of contract players or loans with a limit on wages to each player.

I think we could sign feebies, i agree. I do believe there would be a wage cap what we could offer though. I dont think offering 25 or 30k a week under an embargo would wash. Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

One question, do you think Bruce would have taken the job in those circumstances? Not disputing anything you’ve mentioned, I just really don’t see that Bruce would have taken it

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

One question, do you think Bruce would have taken the job in those circumstances? Not disputing anything you’ve mentioned, I just really don’t see that Bruce would have taken it

In all honesty no I don't think he would have taken the job in those circumstances. I think there's a good chance he'd take it if DC told him we needed to sell a couple of players first & any surplus after meeting FFP requirements would be his to spend plus he would then be free to wheel & deal in the summer free of embargo restraints.  

What I don't understand is how could DC guarantee that players would be sold in this window to make Bruce agree to take the job.

On 25/01/2019 at 12:36, Dutch McLovin said:

Antonio didn't end up being bad business tho. We ended up getting nearly 5 million for him with the sell on clause and lets be honest when he was with us he never looked like he'd be a premier league player !

No we didn't and yes he did ...

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don't think with the financial package on offer that many managers would turn us down to be fair ...

Sorry to rant but another flat, dour, lifeless window with probably no signings coming in and no-one leaving

In 3 windows, we’ve signed 1 permanent player and 2 loanees with 1 of em barely featuring ..

What a complete and utter shambles ..

Sorry DC but you and your buddy CC have fecked us up good at proper that we can’t even sign decent players.

Heck we aren’t even offloading players or releasing them to try and balance the books and bring others in!!

No youth players out on loan, no mutual terminations, no rumours of fringe players being shipped out, no nothing. Is anything happening behind the scenes? (hopefully i'm proved wrong!!)

Congrats DC .. well played ..

Absolute crock of sh*t … I would say I’m looking forward to the summer as I want this season to end but feck me, we will be releasing a boat load of players, still restricted by P&S restraints, who the feck are we going to sign? Seriously.

Extremely disappointed and now quite worried ....

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We signed joey (450k), van aken (2.7m) and rhodes (10.5 mill) the same season.

Season before we spent just under 10 mill.

Before that we spent just under 15 mill.

We did raise a whole 2.7 mill in sales in that time though.

Van Aken was in the summer. As was Rhodes, after his loan in January so in 18 months our only permanent signing is Pelupessy. WOW

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope I am wrong but saw an interview with Bruce where he said after the last 6 months and what happened at Villa he was thinking of retiring from management, I hope his rest has reinvigorated him as we made that mistake with Jos and paid a heavy price. 

Had Jos played our available experienced players we could realistically had anywhere from 5-10 more points, I think of the two drop at West Brom as an example and Kirkby has not been seen in the match day squad since, which would have put us a lot closer to the top 6. Yes they will be gone at the end of the season, but what would DC have preferred rebuilding a team in the Premier league or league One.

38 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I guess not. I just wonder if the club actually fully own our players that were scouted by Doyen, hence the reluctance to sell?

Think it's more likely nobody wants our players due to a combination of high fees and wages  

13 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Van Aken was in the summer. As was Rhodes, after his loan in January so in 18 months our only permanent signing is Pelupessy. WOW

Just showing in those seasons but yes.

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Screenshot_20190130-104749_Instagram.jpg

Well they ain't paying 14 million for him

We should be trying our best to get players like Abdi and Jones out on free transfers to cut the wage bill before the window shuts . But alone  I doubt will be enough.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We should be trying our best to get players like Abdi and Jones out on free transfers to cut the wage bill before the window shuts . But alone  I doubt will be enough.

Having Jones 1.5 mill a week wages off the books would be a big help to be fair

• Haha 2

Just now, marcx666 said:

Well they ain't paying 14 million for him

That says 11m lol

• Haha 2

Just now, marcx666 said:

Having Jones 1.5 mill a week wages off the books would be a big help to be fair

lol