theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, jimbob 13 said:

Pigs signing Hogan on loan from Villa

Surprised they would let him go to a top 6 team. Bit silly that if true. 

5 minutes ago, jimbob 13 said:

Blimey, they’ve been busy, that’s their 10th deal of the window Hope our lack of activity so far, is not down to Bruce’s Feb arrival. It really shouldn’t be, we have enough people already here to get the deals over the line

Hogans loan deal is being funded by Fleck's sale. Hogan isn't really that good, bar a good few months at Brentford he's done very little.

• Agree 1

We should be safe now so i expect Bruce will just see out the season assessing what we already have then start a rebuild in summer.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, jimbob 13 said:

FFS that’s a good signing for those tw@ts. 

Anyone surprised just how quiet we have been on the transfer front. Not necessarily incomings although I thought we might see a loan or 2 (hopefully in the next few days we will) but outgoings to help towards FFP, even just getting a few youngsters out on loan for experience would be a good idea. Let’s hope in the next couple of days we see some activity 

3 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

We should be safe now so i expect Bruce will just see out the season assessing what we already have then start a rebuild in summer.

Good idea just a few small flaws in the plan - due to being a 8 figure sum or £10m+ over FFP, we will in the summer be able to sign no players, we have 13 players out of contract some and squad players some are injured, but Westwood, Fox, Palmer, Boyd, Matias have all played quite a lot so the squad we have minus the 13 players out of contract and the two loans we have will be the squad we start next season with.

No squad remodelling, no squad rebuilding, no new players signing.

We then have to get back within the FFP or P&S guidelines so may very well have to sell more players to achieve that.

But don't worry DC has shown us all over the last 4 years he clearly does not have a clue how to run a football team.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hogans loan deal is being funded by Fleck's sale. Hogan isn't really that good, bar a good few months at Brentford he's done very little.

HamWilder.png.680350f5375aa188d08ad02f613497d4.png

• Haha 4

85 pages and we've only had one Star made up rumour about Kebano.

Welcome to Wednesday lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Good idea just a few small flaws in the plan - due to being a 8 figure sum or £10m+ over FFP, we will in the summer be able to sign no players, we have 13 players out of contract some and squad players some are injured, but Westwood, Fox, Palmer, Boyd, Matias have all played quite a lot so the squad we have minus the 13 players out of contract and the two loans we have will be the squad we start next season with.

No squad remodelling, no squad rebuilding, no new players signing.

We then have to get back within the FFP or P&S guidelines so may very well have to sell more players to achieve that.

But don't worry DC has shown us all over the last 4 years he clearly does not have a clue how to run a football team.

This is not necessarily true. Sanctions for breaching FFP can include agreeing a budget that will both ensure we can meet our existing obligations and sign players if doing so won’t breach that budget, and with up to 13 players out of contract we’ll likely have some wriggle room to do so even if it’s not  the kind of spending that we’d ideally like.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Our transfer windows are always so blooming naff, I don't know why I bother getting remotely interested in it...

Steve Bruce's first press conference is on Thursday apparently, deadline day is also on Thursday so you would think he'll be in and around the club on deadline day for any potential deals to happen - probably false hope but just thought it was interesting :biggrin:.

54 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Rebuild in an embargo, that will be fun

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

FFS that’s a good signing for those tw@ts. 

20 goals in three years at Brentford and seven at villa after a career in non league and Rochdale hardly suggests so?

56 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone surprised just how quiet we have been on the transfer front. Not necessarily incomings although I thought we might see a loan or 2 (hopefully in the next few days we will) but outgoings to help towards FFP, even just getting a few youngsters out on loan for experience would be a good idea. Let’s hope in the next couple of days we see some activity 

Nope.

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

20 goals in three years at Brentford and seven at villa after a career in non league and Rochdale hardly suggests so?

Brentford know how to make a bob or two don't they. Really had villas pants down on that deal! 

• Agree 1

Every time I’ve seen Hogan for Villa I’ve wondered why he’s rated so highly 

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Sonny said:

This is not necessarily true. Sanctions for breaching FFP can include agreeing a budget that will both ensure we can meet our existing obligations and sign players if doing so won’t breach that budget, and with up to 13 players out of contract we’ll likely have some wriggle room to do so even if it’s not  the kind of spending that we’d ideally like.

Correct, the EFL accept that a club needs a minimum number of players to compete, not sure on the figure but in the region of 21-25 & that doesn't include U23's with less than 5 league appearances if I remember correctly. If we ended up with less than the minimum number after releasing all the out of contract players then the EFL would allow us to sign players up to the minimum requirement, albeit they'd have to be free transfers or out of contract & a limit set on wages.

• Agree 1

One previous condition of FFP was one out, one in, regarding players. So if we can release up to 13, why can't we get a similar number in? 

8 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

One previous condition of FFP was one out, one in, regarding players. So if we can release up to 13, why can't we get a similar number in? 

We probably, totally different wages mind