OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

If Bruce is confirmed, I expect he'd get a few pounds to make a couple of loans to buy and be able to spend whatever we sell, but the majority of cash would come from the latter, which you'd expect to be reach. 

Personally I think all positions would be up for grabs, but am sure he'll be fine with our goalkeepers.

I would take Bree (as I imagine he'd go to villa for a player or two and elhamody isn't coming despite him signing whever Bruce is).  Think he will look at milosovic  if viable, as he's kept an eye on him for about 5 years.

Silly as it sounds I would also still sign Marshall as he's one of the best crossers I've seen. I'd also try for Wickham on loan, he's coming back from injury and don't see a long term future for him at palace. His missus is an owl too and he knows the place. Defo upgrade on Dave and more value than Fletch.

I know Bruce was also Interested in judge at brentford, so now he's showing fitness back from his injury nightmare, it wouldn't surprise me if he enquired about him either.

Personally I think he'll go to previous clubs about loans and out of favour former players initially, then look to wheel and deal a bit once reach is sold and cash is there.  Whatever happens He'll definitely need to be steadier with the cash then at previous clubs, but the majority of his signings seem to have a value (if only from a resale point of view) at least.

Mind you knowing us, having said all that we'll either not sign anyone or sign a goalkeeper. Haha.

• Like 1

Ever on lookout for young players that wouldn't cost much and whom we could develop and sell for profit.

AFC Wimbledon are having poor season and fighting against relegation to League Two, but one shining light for them is form of 18 years old central midfielder Anthony Hartigan.

Their official site says that he played 12 games for them so far this season, and I got to see 4 of those. Calm and cultured midfielder with good first touch and passing range, adapted to getting the ball under pressure, bringing it under control and getting it to teammates further up the pitch. Really reminds me of young Stephen McPhail from his time with Leeds United.

Can't imagine that Wimbledon would hold out for too much money for him, and would love our scouts to take a look at this player.

• Like 1

Don't think this ones been mentioned...

Tommy Elphick. Aston Villa CB recalled from Hull City just afew hours ago. Got promotion with Bournemouth, very experienced. 

Played under Steve Bruce at Villa and no doubt Bruce keeps tabs on Hull City.

Ticks afew boxes. 

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Don't think this ones been mentioned...

Tommy Elphick. Aston Villa CB recalled from Hull City just afew hours ago. Got promotion with Bournemouth, very experienced. 

Played under Steve Bruce at Villa and no doubt Bruce keeps tabs on Hull City.

Ticks afew boxes. 

Ooh dear, yes I saw that, and worried there might be something in it Might tick a few boxes, but plenty of question marks also

40 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Probably that DC is considering giving the job to Bullen imo. 

Probably, but can't say I'd be too pleased with that long-term.

Bullens been great at steadying the ship but we need someone more experienced going forward. This is a crucial appointment for the club and its key we get it spot on.

Edited by SupremeOwl

11 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

West Bromwich Albion face Premier League opposition for Nottingham Forest winger Joe Lolley.

The Baggies have been linked with a move for the 26-year-old, but now Bournemouth are said to be keen on Lolley.

It is said £10m should be enough to secure his services.

Not bad for a player signed from Kidderminster by Uddersfield.