OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

19 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Bit like comparing Ruben Neves and Delli Alli and saying that Alli is better because he scores more goals.

Bannan sits deep and creates and with out the wand of a foot of a Neves or a Reach. You can't expect much of a goal return.

Isn't this kind of the problem with the team at the moment Bannan is meant to be a creative player not a holding midfielder, If pelupessy is not good enough then replace him with any off the other holding midfielders we have. Even when Bannan was not doing this role he does not score enough goals from midfield which has been a real problem for us since Keiren Lees injury.

If it means selling Bannan so we can bring in this sort of player to fill a void in the team so be it. Bannan is a great player but its like signing an £8m striker who scored 80% of his goals from crosses then playing it into his feet and wondering why he does score any goals. Wait a minute that sounds familiar somewhere.

• Haha 2

We have no realistic chance of promotion, we have little chance of relegation. According to the chairman we broke FFP last season by an 8 figure sum (£10,000,000 at least) so we need to balance the books both this season and make enough to cover the losses of 2017/18 so what do we do half way through the transfer window.

Players in = Zero

Players out or on loan = Zero

Come the summer we will once again be under a transfer embargo so when the 10-13 squad players leave to include current first team players we won't be able to replace any of them. Westwood, Fox, Hector (loan), Palmer, Boyd, Matias that's over half of the team that started the last game.

DC constant dithering is not just going to cost us this season, but the next and probably the one after that. 

Clear the deck sell Reach, Bannan, Fessi get hopefully £20-25m in and sort the FFP issues out once and for all, give Bruce a few million for loans to stablise us for the remainder of the season, then start again in the summer.

37 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have no realistic chance of promotion, we have little chance of relegation. According to the chairman we broke FFP last season by an 8 figure sum (£10,000,000 at least) so we need to balance the books both this season and make enough to cover the losses of 2017/18 so what do we do half way through the transfer window.

Players in = Zero

Come the summer we will once again be under a transfer embargo so when the 10-13 squad players leave to include current first team players we won't be able to replace any of them. Westwood, Fox, Hector (loan), Palmer, Boyd, Matias that's over half of the team that started the last game.

DC constant dithering is not just going to cost us this season, but the next and probably the one after that. 

Clear the deck sell Reach, Bannan, Fessi get hopefully £20-25m in and sort the FFP issues out once and for all, give Bruce a few million for loans to stablise us for the remainder of the season, then start again in the summer.

It will be right, SB will sort it.

Apparently

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Players in = Zero

Can’t really argue with any of that for me reach and Fessi are replaceable especially when you consider there value to contribution ( I’d still think even with FF we can get 3million what we paid ) it’s another huge earner of the books. 

What it gives us is the chance to manoeuvre even though it won’t get us millions to spend we can still be active. That with the summer and amount of players out of contract this squad can be at least in a position to be compete to W in the market even if it’s loans or frees with maybe a little budget for one or two players 

having an embargo and that one in one out salary cap placed on us would be a disaster that’s essentially saying we’re going to go on the squad we’ve got but lose about 6-12 players on free. I’d think we would be in a relagation battle early

lets stay competitive over the next few years this squad is ready for a revamp anyway new manager new teamish so let’s sacrifice a few now for the good of the next few years whilst we can ( if there’s offers of course) chansiri might have something up his sleave like the rumoured sale of the stadium. Even if so I’d still change because we need major change in personnel over the summer anyway 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon indicating on twitter that incomings aren't close.

Not surprised, increasingly clear we have nothing to play for. Major job ahead in the summer, best to keep our powder dry and not waste money. 

Rather we move some out this window, if possible  

1 hour ago, striker said:

Not surprised, increasingly clear we have nothing to play for. Major job ahead in the summer, best to keep our powder dry and not waste money. 

Rather we move some out this window, if possible  

I totally disagree.

We have everything to play for. Survival

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I totally disagree.

We have everything to play for. Survival

Call me nonchalant, but I don’t think we are in a relegation fight this season.

All the bottom 4 teams have points tallys of less than a point per game, there are several club’s sandwiched between us in 16th and those in the relegation zone, we have at least a 9 points head-start on all the teams in the bottom 3.

Plus our upcoming fixtures are all winnable: Wigan (H) 19th in league table, Ipswich (A) 24th in league table, Reading (H) 22nd in league table, Millwall (A) 20th in league table, Rotherham (A) 21st in league table, Swansea (H) 13th in league table, Brentford (H) 17th in league table.

By the time we go into March we should be all-but-mathematically safe.

It would take a truely disastrous run of form to get relegated now IMO.

6 minutes ago, The Captain said:

All the bottom 4 teams have points tallys of less than a point per game, there are several club’s sandwiched between us in 16th and those in the relegation zone, we have at least a 9 points head-start on all the teams in the bottom 3.

Plus our upcoming fixtures are all winnable: Wigan (H) 19th in league table, Ipswich (A) 24th in league table, Reading (H) 22nd in league table, Millwall (A) 20th in league table, Rotherham (A) 21st in league table, Swansea (H) 13th in league table, Brentford (H) 17th in league table.

now you've done it!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, The Captain said:

That might be a little complacent True the next fixtures look a little friendlier, but if we lose them, it’s become points to our potential relegation rivals Like you, I don’t think we’ll end up in a relegation scrap, but I wouldn’t rule it out. Our form is indifferent, and the injuries are starting to mount again The managerial situation hasn’t helped, and while I don’t expect us to remedy all our failings this month, I did expect us to start the ball rolling We really need to freshen things up in January, in my opinion

Edited by gurujuan

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

Can’t really argue with any of that for me reach and Fessi are replaceable especially when you consider there value to contribution ( I’d still think even with FF we can get 3million what we paid ) it’s another huge earner of the books. 

What it gives us is the chance to manoeuvre even though it won’t get us millions to spend we can still be active. That with the summer and amount of players out of contract this squad can be at least in a position to be compete to W in the market even if it’s loans or frees with maybe a little budget for one or two players 

having an embargo and that one in one out salary cap placed on us would be a disaster that’s essentially saying we’re going to go on the squad we’ve got but lose about 6-12 players on free. I’d think we would be in a relagation battle early

lets stay competitive over the next few years this squad is ready for a revamp anyway new manager new teamish so let’s sacrifice a few now for the good of the next few years whilst we can ( if there’s offers of course) chansiri might have something up his sleave like the rumoured sale of the stadium. Even if so I’d still change because we need major change in personnel over the summer anyway 

I wouldn't sell Forestieri.... for what we would get for him it would be pointless. Bannan and Reach would be losses but for the money we could get it could help us moving forward.

Need a bit of luck tho and a fit (I know that's the hard part) Forestieri for the remainder of the season can get us goals assists and points that will also attract a better player to us in the summer !

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Players in = Zero

Could be the only option to move forward. Many wont like it but we may have to take drastic action. The question is who is willing to pay fees for them.

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

To me Bannan is the easiest to replace. What is his actual position ?