OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Is Bruce gonna play with pace and energy.?

He certainly likes pace. He went for energy with McGinn this summer and he was linked with more energetic players than team had previously. He does like big units though.

10 minutes ago, Quist said:

He certainly likes pace. He went for energy with McGinn this summer and he was linked with more energetic players than team had previously. He does like big units though.

He does buy them type of players but I ain't so sure his team's move the ball at a pace though.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I know Hutchinson is a fans favourite, but Bruce will want players who are available for for a full season

Hutchinson is too much of a crock

I would expect Bruce to want new full backs, new centre half, new defensive mid, and a powerful striker

That's what we all want!

5 hours ago, Quist said:

Viktor Gyokeres Brighton winger

Eddie Nketiah    Arsenal striker

Isaac Hayden  Newcastle Midfield / Defender

Smith, Simpson, Mings  Bournemouth Defenders

Id love to sign Mings . ,Dont care if he plays shiete , worth it for the name alone. 

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

He does buy them type of players but I ain't so sure his team's move the ball at a pace though.

Quick on counter attack, to succeed a team has to be able to cope with fast football. His team lost against Fulham and they were said to lack legs and were too old. Hence in summer he brought in younger players. I think he learns his lessons and to succeed you have to do this. I suspect he will want pace and energy in team. 

6 hours ago, s6 owl said:

It looks like Huddersfield fans have forced David Wagner into resigning and some people think our fans are self entitled and fickle...

Would've thought they would've kept him to have another crack at the Championship or axed him a fair while ago. They left it far too late and should've kept him to try and get them back up. I think someone like Jokanovic would suit them? He'd give them a chance of getting back up. He seems more suited to the Championship and similar in a way to Wagner. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Would've thought they would've kept him to have another crack at the Championship or axed him a fair while ago. They left it far too late and should've kept him to try and get them back up. I think someone like Jokanovic would suit them? He'd give them a chance of getting back up. He seems more suited to the Championship and similar in a way to Wagner. 

While I agree to a point SJ plays an entirely different brand of football to the dull stuff Wagner had them playing. That would likely mean a fairly big overhaul of the squad and time. 

With the time limit on the parachute payments it’s imperative to bounce back. For me they need someone who’s style isn’t wildly different to Wagner, that’s the best chance of going straight back up without needing 10 in and 10 out in the Summer.   

12 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I know Hutchinson is a fans favourite, but Bruce will want players who are available for for a full season

Hutchinson is too much of a crock

I would expect Bruce to want new full backs, new centre half, new defensive mid, and a powerful striker

Im sure Jos wanted players who could play a full season and got slated for it, sure i read that somewhere

7 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I would not be surprised to see Jokanovic or even Wagner end up at Villa, Mate of mine who supports them says unrest with current Manager is starting among some supporters there. Gives a whole new meaning to "not given time"

16 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

All true.

But if Bruce could have signed Bannan he would have done. So be interesting to see how he uses him. Because he clearly likes something about him.

He needs the right people around him and Hutchinson and Reach ain't it.

Not in a three man midfield anyway. 

Was better when Pelupessy was next to him. But it's impossible to drop Hutchinson as we need that cover in there so I would almost be tempted to put him on the left again like Carlos did.    All his best work for us always comes down the left normally anyway and that's gives us the opportunity then to bring in a better partner for hutch if Pelupessy ain't up to it.

Also allows Reach to go wide right and cut in and have a proper two upfront.

Reach  Hutch   Pelupessy/new  Bannan  

Fletcher  Forestieri/Joao 

We Probably played our best football under Carlos when we did that.

Wallace  Hutchinson   Lee   Bannan 

Hooper     Forestieri 

Our best performances this season have been when Bannan was out. Team seemed more balanced. 

Flog him to Celtic!! 

1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I would not be surprised to see Jokanovic or even Wagner end up at Villa, Mate of mine who supports them says unrest with current Manager is starting among some supporters there. Gives a whole new meaning to "not given time"

Is that the manager most on here wanted us to take on? Oh how soon things change in football.