OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Brad_owl said:

I believe a centre back we are looking at is a premier League lad, English and mid twenties. Has played Championship.

I hope that older signings are a thing of the past now. We need some energy and pace in the team.

Going on that, criteria, there's not too many to choose from. 

Dan Burn at Brighton. 26. Just been recalled from Wigan.

Ben Gibson at Burnley. 25. Missed most of this season through injury. May be a loan option. Highly unlikely however.

Tyias Browing at Everton. Aged 24.  Was on loan at Sunderland last season. 

Tyrone Mings at Bournemouth. 25. Used in only a few cameo appearances this season. Can play left back or centre half.

Dominic Iorfa at Wolves. 23. Not in Premier League squad, can play right back or centre half. 

To be honest, long term...a back four containing Mings, Iorfa and Burn would certainly be a strong, formidable, athletic back line. All these could be available in some capacity over the next 6 months. 

Out of those options, Burn is the only actual centre half who I think we may be interested in. Gibson would be expensive, and maybe unavailable. Browning struggled at Sunderland last season. Burn is strong aerially and physical. He'd a cheapish, low risk loan that could well lead to a permanent transfer in the summer. 

Burn or Browning are the most realistic, whereas Gibson would be a statement signing. Having said that, others are interested, Boro want to take Gibson back, Villa want Browning and Sheff Utd want Burn. Mings and Iorfa are very much full backs, who have occasionally played at centre back

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Burn or Browning are the most realistic, whereas Gibson would be a statement signing. Having said that, others are interested, Boro want to take Gibson back, Villa want Browning and Sheff Utd want Burn. Mings and Iorfa are very much full backs, who have occasionally played at centre back

Going to be very difficult attracting players to us in January when they could sign for a top 6 side going for promotion. 

8 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Sunday People linking us with Efe Ambrose ex Celtic , just released by Hibs, 30 year old centre back  - What, Who and Why TF!!!

Sky Sports said he triggered a release clause in his contract. 

10 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Sunday People linking us with Efe Ambrose ex Celtic , just released by Hibs, 30 year old centre back  - What, Who and Why TF!!!

They were discussing him on Sky, said he’d be a big loss for Hibs Not seen him for them, but he was decent at Celtic

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

There are others who are currently out of first team at Premier clubs. Rojo at Man Utd, Hoedt at Southampton and Oxford at West Ham.

I think Burn would be best option but he is regularly on bench at Brighton so not sure how available he would be. Some of these have not seen a lot of so difficult to judge.

Because substantial rebuilding is required I think if possible we should try and do some changes now to try and bed some in. It always takes a few games when major rebuilding and if possible we need good start next year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Quist said:

There are others who are currently out of first team at Premier clubs. Rojo at Man Utd, Hoedt at Southampton and Oxford at West Ham.

I think Burn would be best option but he is regularly on bench at Brighton so not sure how available he would be. Some of these have not seen a lot of so difficult to judge.

Because substantial rebuilding is required I think if possible we should try and do some changes now to try and bed some in. It always takes a few games when major rebuilding and if possible we need good start next year.

Good luck lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Going to be very difficult attracting players to us in January when they could sign for a top 6 side going for promotion. 

Clubs want players to have games so wherever a young player goes they will want him to play. I suspect some of top teams could not guarantee starts.

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Going on that, criteria, there's not too many to choose from. 

Dan Burn at Brighton. 26. Just been recalled from Wigan.

Ben Gibson at Burnley. 25. Missed most of this season through injury. May be a loan option. Highly unlikely however.

Tyias Browing at Everton. Aged 24.  Was on loan at Sunderland last season. 

Tyrone Mings at Bournemouth. 25. Used in only a few cameo appearances this season. Can play left back or centre half.

Dominic Iorfa at Wolves. 23. Not in Premier League squad, can play right back or centre half. 

To be honest, long term...a back four containing Mings, Iorfa and Burn would certainly be a strong, formidable, athletic back line. All these could be available in some capacity over the next 6 months. 

Out of those options, Burn is the only actual centre half who I think we may be interested in. Gibson would be expensive, and maybe unavailable. Browning struggled at Sunderland last season. Burn is strong aerially and physical. He'd a cheapish, low risk loan that could well lead to a permanent transfer in the summer. 

Imagine Iorfa and Mings at Full back. Would totally transform our team. 

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Definitely, we can’t leave it all until the summer

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

We should be looking at better than Rojo. Why not go for Van Dijk

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We should be looking at better than Rojo. Why not go for Van Dijk

Is that wee pipe you are talking about.

Rojo has hardly played this season, not really familiar with him just looked at squads and players who are not playing.