OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

14 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If we had a player scoring a lot of goals at the moment we wouldn't mind that Fletcher didn't.

But like when Heskey never used to score but Owen always did.

we haven't got anyone near to owen, but should we get one, we still need more from fletcher.

you'll find it difficult to get up with a c/f that can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo 4 weeks out of every 5, he needs to be far more prolific.

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we haven't got anyone near to owen, but should we get one, we still need more from fletcher.

you'll find it difficult to get up with a c/f that can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo 4 weeks out of every 5, he needs to be far more prolific.

And yet people stick up for big Dave ?

29 minutes ago, dnhc said:

True. But say he had Hooper next to him and scoring every week we wouldn't mind so much that he wasn't.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

fTrue. But say he had Hooper next to him and scoring every week we wouldn't mind so much that he wasn't.

of course not BUT will we get hooper back?, will we get a forward as proficient as hooper?

buying a younger, fitter, more mobile hooperesque player will cost BIG, any goals he scores will need supplementing by his partner. I think unless winnal comes off, we may need 2.

Edited by dnhc
f

5 minutes ago, dnhc said:

of course not BUT will we get hooper back?, will we get a forward as proficient as hooper?

buying a younger, fitter, more mobile hooperesque player will cost BIG, any goals he scores will need supplementing by his partner. I think unless winnal comes off, we may need 2.

Doubt we will buy one. Think best we get be someone like Hogan at Villa. Or a Prem youngster on loan.

11 minutes ago, camffiti said:

ITFC have signed some sh*he, in preparation for League 1 

But they are now also being linked with Alan Judge from Brentford 

His contract is up at the end of the season ... Didn't we once bid £4mil for him? 

Feel for him. Nasty injury and never recovered. Fear the same for Hooper and Lee.

16 minutes ago, camffiti said:

ITFC have signed some sh*he, in preparation for League 1 

But they are now also being linked with Alan Judge from Brentford 

His contract is up at the end of the season ... Didn't we once bid £4mil for him? 

Not been the same player since his knee injury - with our record with players getting knee injuries I would give him a wide birth.

We need to be focusing on younger players with Championship experience - I would be looking at Nick Powell good age and good experience, central midfielder with an eye for goal and only 6 months left of his contract. We could wait for the summer and try and out bid everyone, or try Wigan resolve with a bid in January and try and get him on the cheap.

Iorfa is a better option than we have at right back and is a free in the summer maybe look to get on a 6 month loan with a view to getting permanent in the summer, Wolves have said he can leave for a new club either on loan or transfer.

I would also be looking to get Wildsmith out on loan for the season, Baker too and if we can find anyone to take Abdi with us paying 50%+ of his wages, any saving will help to balance the books but for me player sales is the only way to prevent another transfer embargo next season. If the offers for Hooper is genuine get rid now we might even get a fee if he goes to china plus the savings on his £35,000- £40,000 a week contract.

The club seem very quiet considering the amount of work that needs doing to a squad weak in defence with 12 players out of contract in the summer, if we end up being in an embargo come the summer we will be signing no players. The next 2 weeks could map the club out for the next 3 or 4 transfer windows.

Edited by room0035

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not been the same player since his knee injury - with our record with players getting knee injuries I would give him a wide birth.

We need to be focusing on younger players with Championship experience - I would be looking at Nick Powell good age and good experience, central midfielder with an eye for goal and only 6 months left of his contract. We could wait for the summer and try and out bid everyone, or try Wigan resolve with a bid in January and try and get him on the cheap.

Iorfa is a better option than we have at right back and is a free in the summer maybe look to get on a 6 month loan with a view to getting permanent in the summer, Wolves have said he can leave for a new club either on loan or transfer.

I'd be happy with Powell

The bizarre thing about Iorfa, is he couldn't get into the ITFC team ahead of Jordan Spence ... and Spence is the fans boo boy.

He seems to have physical attributes though 

Just now, camffiti said:

I'd be happy with Powell

The bizarre thing about Iorfa, is he couldn't get into the ITFC team ahead of Jordan Spence ... and Spence is the fans boo boy.

He seems to have physical attributes though 

Look at Matt penney he could get a game for Mansfield Town last season then look at him this season with us.

I would bet Spence was one of MM favourite and got picked no matter what Cellna barely started a game for Ipswich yet was one of their best players.

He is a former England under 21 has over 100 games at championship level and is currently 23 will be 24 when the summer comes around and will be out of contract - compare him with Palmer, baker he is miles better and would not cost the world to recruit.

56 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look at Matt penney he could get a game for Mansfield Town last season then look at him this season with us.

I would bet Spence was one of MM favourite and got picked no matter what Cellna barely started a game for Ipswich yet was one of their best players.

He is a former England under 21 has over 100 games at championship level and is currently 23 will be 24 when the summer comes around and will be out of contract - compare him with Palmer, baker he is miles better and would not cost the world to recruit.

MM also gave Cotter, Chambers & even Emmanual games ahead of Iorfa 

Maybe MM just didn't fancy him ... Despite making the signing 

Nick Powell’s on good money at Wigan and I’m pretty sure would want to be a top earner if he came here.

Think with him there’s a feeling he’ll only leave Wigan for a promotion cert, or someone with Prem football next season more or less guaranteed.

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Nick Powell’s on good money at Wigan and I’m pretty sure would want to be a top earner if he came here.

Think with him there’s a feeling he’ll only leave Wigan for a promotion cert, or someone with Prem football next season more or less guaranteed.

Welcome Nick Powell lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Newly-appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has targeted a January swoop for Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic, who is available on a free transfer. (Football Insider)

POPE CATHOLIC GIF - POPE CATHOLIC FUNNY GIFs

• Haha 2