theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Van Aken?

I think he was signed in the summer of 2017? 

Regarding the January Window of 2017, I missed out the Loan signing of McManaman which made that window even more frustrating given his lack of an impact too.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Again, we don’t play that way

We still put a lot of crosses in. The quality and position from where we cross is mostly abysmal and has been since Rhodes signed. You can't sign players like this and then not put any quality into the box for them. We are not good enough to tip tap into the box and if we were, we wouldn't be slumming it in the lower part of the Championship. Nearly all of our strikers are good headers of the ball. Its weird, like Carlos signed them all to play wingers and then changed his mind. Look at how much Liverpool cross the ball, especially from Robertson and TAA. We don't have that quality but it would be nice to see some aggressive full backs getting beyond their defence to cross from their box instead of lumping it in from near the half way line. Palmer to his credit does do this and if his final ball was better he would be a very good attacking full back. Fox has a good cross on him but looks like hes running with a dump in his shorts, no pace means you can't get further up the pitch to use that crossing ability effectively. 

• Agree 2

I reckon we'll get a couple of top flight loanees before the window closes. My guess would be Fosu-Mensah and Brewster on loan from Man U and Liverpool, or someone similar. Plus I've got a feeling we might make one fairly big signing near the deadline, regardless of whether we sell anyone or not, before the big rebuild in the summer.

Hoping Bruce can bag some Man Utd youngsters, couple of full backs. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I reckon we'll get a couple of top flight loanees before the window closes. My guess would be Fosu-Mensah and Brewster on loan from Man U and Liverpool, or someone similar. Plus I've got a feeling we might make one fairly big signing near the deadline, regardless of whether we sell anyone or not, before the big rebuild in the summer.

Isn't fosu mensah at Fulham on loan or have I missed something?

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think they sent him back or he was recalled.

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's apparently being recalled by Man U. Quite a few top flight loanees in the Championship and in the top flight are returning to their parent clubs lately. In order to join other clubs on loan. Due to a lack of games.

14 hours ago, hawksmore said:

I’d like to see us ship out Reach for decent money and bring in 2 rapid wing backs. 

Next season I think Bruce will go with fletcher and Rhodes up front. 

Middle of the park will be Bannan, Hutch and forestieri. 3 at the back and wing backs. 

Maybe back to 4-4-2 with reach back out on the left and bring in a wide right sided player /Winger ?

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think he was signed in the summer of 2017? 

Since the infamous January 2017 Window then? 

• Haha 1

Newly-appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has targeted a January swoop for Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic, who is available on a free transfer. (Football Insider)

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

Newly-appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has targeted a January swoop for Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic, who is available on a free transfer. (Football Insider)

51m though... :stuwinky:

We still need a real nutter in the middle and a much better right back.

Mmmmm where could we find a nutter for the middle.

Edited by Sonny
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

He's apparently being recalled by Man U. Quite a few top flight loanees in the Championship and in the top flight are returning to their parent clubs lately. In order to join other clubs on loan. Due to a lack of games.

Celtic and Leeds have been linked

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

It's a no from me, he's a reyt nesh. Jumps with his eyes shut !!

Milosevic-in-international-action-against-Colombia-600x360.jpg

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I know I will be shot down on this but just don't rate Fosu-Mensah. Whenever I've seen him playing for Fulham this season he seems out of his depth and a sending off waiting to happen. But that's just my view.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HarryJ said:

I know I will be shot down on this but just don't rate Fosu-Mensah. Whenever I've seen him playing for Fulham this season he seems out of his depth and a sending off waiting to happen. But that's just my view.

Not just yours, I’ve felt the same when I’ve seen him, but he’s rated by better judges than us, so maybe we’ve just caught him on a bad day. All in all, I’d be happy to see him arrive

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not just yours, I’ve felt the same when I’ve seen him, but he’s rated by better judges than us, so maybe we’ve just caught him on a bad day. All in all, I’d be happy to see him arrive

He's a very intelligent footballer.

A member of Mensah you know :ph34r:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I admit there are many better judges than me, but of you Guru????? Doubtful :-)

46 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

It's a no from me, he's a reyt nesh. Jumps with his eyes shut !!

Milosevic-in-international-action-against-Colombia-600x360.jpg

Last jump I had I kept mi eyes shut...

• Haha 4