OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I reckon we'll get a couple of top flight loanees before the window closes. My guess would be Fosu-Mensah and Brewster on loan from Man U and Liverpool, or someone similar. Plus I've got a feeling we might make one fairly big signing near the deadline, regardless of whether we sell anyone or not, before the big rebuild in the summer.

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I reckon we'll get a couple of top flight loanees before the window closes. My guess would be Fosu-Mensah and Brewster on loan from Man U and Liverpool, or someone similar. Plus I've got a feeling we might make one fairly big signing near the deadline, regardless of whether we sell anyone or not, before the big rebuild in the summer.

Isn't fosu mensah at Fulham on loan or have I missed something?

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Isn't fosu mensah at Fulham on loan or have I missed something?

He's apparently being recalled by Man U. Quite a few top flight loanees in the Championship and in the top flight are returning to their parent clubs lately. In order to join other clubs on loan. Due to a lack of games.

14 hours ago, hawksmore said:

I’d like to see us ship out Reach for decent money and bring in 2 rapid wing backs. 

Next season I think Bruce will go with fletcher and Rhodes up front. 

Middle of the park will be Bannan, Hutch and forestieri. 3 at the back and wing backs. 

Maybe back to 4-4-2 with reach back out on the left and bring in a wide right sided player /Winger ?

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

Newly-appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has targeted a January swoop for Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic, who is available on a free transfer. (Football Insider)

51m though... :stuwinky:

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

He's apparently being recalled by Man U. Quite a few top flight loanees in the Championship and in the top flight are returning to their parent clubs lately. In order to join other clubs on loan. Due to a lack of games.

Celtic and Leeds have been linked

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

Newly-appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has targeted a January swoop for Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic, who is available on a free transfer. (Football Insider)

It's a no from me, he's a reyt nesh. Jumps with his eyes shut !!

Milosevic-in-international-action-against-Colombia-600x360.jpg

3 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I know I will be shot down on this but just don't rate Fosu-Mensah. Whenever I've seen him playing for Fulham this season he seems out of his depth and a sending off waiting to happen. But that's just my view.

4 minutes ago, HarryJ said:

I know I will be shot down on this but just don't rate Fosu-Mensah. Whenever I've seen him playing for Fulham this season he seems out of his depth and a sending off waiting to happen. But that's just my view.

Not just yours, I’ve felt the same when I’ve seen him, but he’s rated by better judges than us, so maybe we’ve just caught him on a bad day. All in all, I’d be happy to see him arrive

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not just yours, I’ve felt the same when I’ve seen him, but he’s rated by better judges than us, so maybe we’ve just caught him on a bad day. All in all, I’d be happy to see him arrive

I admit there are many better judges than me, but of you Guru????? Doubtful :-)

2 hours ago, akbuk said:

Maybe back to 4-4-2 with reach back out on the left and bring in a wide right sided player /Winger ?

Could be, but i don't think Reach is right for the wing, he always looked too lightweight there and didnt make as much of an impact on games as he does through the middle.

Either way, it's going to be interesting to see what Bruce does.

19 hours ago, football=owls said:

To an extent I agree with you and would rather have a more complete forward, but as France showed during the world cup you don’t need your target man to score goals if he brings others into play around him. Olivier Giroud didn’t have a shot on target in the whole tournament.

there's a difference between playing 6 games that really matter in a single month, and a whole season in the championship.