OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Two years ago we brought in Winnall and Rhodes. Whilst half the fan base were jumping for joy, the rest were like FFS it's the supply we need, not more strikers: Hourihane not Winnall/Rhodes. Two years later...

I’d say, all three strikers we’ve brought in, Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall, offer no significant improvement on what we already had

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’d say, all three strikers we’ve brought in, Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall, offer no significant improvement on what we already had

Fletcher has been superb whenever I have seen him this season.. maybe one of the only players to come out with at least some credit

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Liverpool are cancelling young Woodburn’s loan at the piggies Always thought he was overrated, and if we were going to take a young striker from Liverpool, I’d prefer Brewster

He's the one I want. 

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Always thought there biggest problem was defending so glad they have at least got better at that. 

It's decision making that needs to be better for them both when attacking.

Like maybe putting a few crosses in the box early instead of the easy short ball back for Bannan to do it.

But at least they have both shown they can cut it to a degree at this level lately and that they are nowhere near as bad as what we all thought they were.

But ultimately we are going to need better.

Can't state enough how much Hutchison helped our full-backs defending. 

And whatever side Matias plays, he is giving fantastic support to full back playing down same flank.

All this considered, would expect them to push forward bit more.

9 minutes ago, owlse said:

He is a excellent keeper.  If we do lose Westwood. Darlow would be a great replacement 

Investing in another keeper would be crazy, when we have the two youngsters  Ignore any offers for Westwood, there won’t be much on the table anyway, keep giving the odd opportunities to Dawson, and let Wildsmith go out on loan. Once we, mathematically can’t go up, or down, maybe give Dawson more games. Come next season, we’ll then be able to judge whether either of them are ready to take over from Westwood. If not, then do the same again. Given Westwood’s age, he won’t be blocking the youngsters progress indefinitely 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wilyfox said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-target-defensive-recruits-in-january-transfer-window-1-9529058

Sheffield Wednesday are seeking to bolster their defensive ranks in the January transfer window, The Star understands.
It is believed the Owls, who appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager last week, are keen on strengthening their full-back options.

YUSSSS!!! Music to ma ears. 

Its about time .

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Liverpool are cancelling young Woodburn’s loan at the piggies Always thought he was overrated, and if we were going to take a young striker from Liverpool, I’d prefer Brewster

He`d cost millions 

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Investing in another keeper would be crazy, when we have the two youngsters  Ignore any offers for Westwood, there won’t be much on the table anyway, keep giving the odd opportunities to Dawson, and let Wildsmith go out on loan. Once we, mathematically can’t go up, or down, maybe give Dawson more games. Come next season, we’ll then be able to judge whether either of them are ready to take over from Westwood. If not, then do the same again. Given Westwood’s age, he won’t be blocking the youngsters progress indefinitely 

Club needs a spine,starts with a top keeper,Dawson and or Wildsmith are decent back up,Darlow would be a step foreward,his contracts almost up & he rarely features in a matchday squad up there

38 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ignore any offers for Westwood, there won’t be much on the table anyway, keep giving the odd opportunities to Dawson, and let Wildsmith go out on loan. 

I think Westwood has already decided/arranged to go.  

19 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He`d cost millions 

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Sure he would, and he’s on a five year contract No, I was thinking of a loan deal, similar to the one Villa did with Abraham

axJmn.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, malek said:

Can't state enough how much Hutchison helped our full-backs defending. 

And whatever side Matias plays, he is giving fantastic support to full back playing down same flank.

All this considered, would expect them to push forward bit more.

Boyd also and Westwood shouting at the defence. 

Gary Cahill and Lucas Piazon out of contract at the end of the season. Cahill probably rule him out although he's 33 and if we are supposedly his boyhood club then why not ..

I'm big fans of Tomas Kalas and Kennth Omeruo at Chelsea - reckon we should be ironing out competitive deals for these 2 or season long loans .. I can't see either breaking in to the Chelsea first team

Interesting the Mackay-Steven chatter. I like him but I’m not sure he’d tear the league up and he’s nearing 30. Would be available on a pre contract. I’m expecting Levein to speak to him about going to Hearts too.

John Souttar the centre back at Hearts, or McKenna at Aberdeen are the players any top end Championship club should be looking at. Both would cost millions but they’re the hot property that could slot in instantly and start and make an impression at any club. There’s a rumour Leeds have first option on Souttar as part of the loan deal Hearts have recently made for Conor Shaughnessy.

Edited by edinburghowl
  • Like 1