OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

32 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with Fletcher, Winnall and Joao being fed quality crosses.  Joao and Fletcher are good in the air, Winnall too. There is hold up play there, mobility from Winnall, a bit of trickery in Joao.  I think we could benefit from a smaller, quicker forward who plays off the last defender and gets in the channels.  However its the speed with which we move the ball forward that will determine how successful it would be.  When Bannan et al look up, they have to have the options of into feet and hold, player spinning off the centre back, the option out wide or runner from deep.  Reach gives you the runner from deep, Fletcher can hold up the play.  I'm not convinced about us having a player who plays off the last defender and gets into the channel between centre half and full back and obviously we don't have any "wingers" who deliver quality.  I said before Hogan went to Villa he was the sort we should be looking at.  Its still the sort of forward we should be looking at.

I think Fletcher is renting his forehead off Joleon Lescott with some of the angles the balls come off over the bar

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jack whitham said:

Hearing we are in for C J Hamilton at Mansfield.

If he has the same qualities as a previous lower league winger we signed (JJ) then I don’t see the problem with this. Snapping up young players from the lower leagues is probably what a club like ours should be doing. Not spunking millions in fees and wages on players on their way down 

Mackay-Steven would be a great signing imo. In all honesty, doubt hed come, but of he did he'd replace Reach in our team.

For me, we need to sign a RB, LB, a winger and a Defensive mid first before we go for any other positions. Not liking these reports were in for a striker. We don't need another one, we just need better service.

8 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Also on that twitter story someone says the player hasn’t travelled for the club’s winter break training so maybe this one has legs, hopefully two of them 

He travelled lad. Returned to training today.

He was knocked unconscious beginning of December and had been left out on concussion precautions.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Unless one of our wide men is leaving.

I doubt Reach will go anywhere this month. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Mackay-Steven would be a great signing imo. In all honesty, doubt hed come, but of he did he'd replace Reach in our team.

For me, we need to sign a RB, LB, a winger and a Defensive mid first before we go for any other positions. Not liking these reports were in for a striker. We don't need another one, we just need better service.

We've got a lot of strikers true but are they good enough to take us to where we want to go? I agree we need to improve the service but do we have a striker currently on our books that will genuinely score 18-25 goals? I think not?

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We've got a lot of strikers true but are they good enough to take us to where we want to go? I agree we need to improve the service but do we have a striker currently on our books that will genuinely score 18-25 goals? I think not?

We do but he has been injured for the last year.

17 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

There's the one we sent out on loan......

(Dives into trench and dons steel helmet):Pelupessy:

Guest wilyfox

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-target-defensive-recruits-in-january-transfer-window-1-9529058

Sheffield Wednesday are seeking to bolster their defensive ranks in the January transfer window, The Star understands.
It is believed the Owls, who appointed Steve Bruce as their new manager last week, are keen on strengthening their full-back options.

YUSSSS!!! Music to ma ears.