OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think within the next 12 months we’ll be a totally different side to what we are now in terms of personnel and the overall balance. Bruce knows you need Physicality, Power and Pace to get out of the championship.

Really hope so. Physicality, power and pace is something we have lacked for so long! 

13 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

Nixon was asked on this and he replied with “Is he fit?”

I am not saying or doubting you, but I would be staggered if he is signed in any window prior to his contract expiring since he is injured. Maybe Whitecaps or DC United in July on a free?

There season starts in March. so would imagine he could go on a free in Feb to them. think that's when there transfer window opens.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

There season starts in March. so would imagine he could go on a free in Feb to them. think that's when there transfer window opens.

As a Whitecaps ST Holder I would love to see Hooper come out to Vancouver.  I think he has been a bit unlucky injury wise and never really got to give us his best.
That being said, I also hope that (if the Caps decide to go for him) they run him through their fitness program to make sure we don't end up with a player that spends his life on the beaches of Vancouver with a big cast on his leg!!
Yes our season starts on March 2nd with the window opening in a couple of weeks...   Only issue I have (besides his groin injury) is the fact we play on turf which is a bit harder on the knees than grass or hybrid grass...

Any deal will be a win for us (SWFC) - we get to offload the salary of a player we haven't seen for over a year (as opposed to offloading Reach who is integral to the current set up)...

The Whitecaps also have a boat load of cash to spend after selling our 18 year old superstar Alphonso Davies to Bayern Munich.... 
WAWAW

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Yep ...... wouldn’t want another Bannon would we ???

Isn't bannan like palmer though?? 

Brought up in England coming from an English youth development in England at villa ? 

The standard of football is very low north of the border at the moment, so the transition /step up to the championship is massive compared to many teams in their top division even. Most players going up to Scotland are still at the moment from lower or league 1 level and any of the really good quality players get snapped up by celtic, so would cost a pretty penny. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

82AB23CD-3209-4320-9E66-991D7BA7779A.jpeg

I remember wanting us to sign him back when he was making a name for himself at Dundee United before he moved to Celtic. Around that time he was close to signing for the Pigs but they couldn't afford him back when Nigel Clough was their manager and he went to Celtic along with some other exciting young player. He looked a good player back then. Don't follow Scottish football enough to know how he's been doing since he were at Celtic. Not sure if he'd improve us or not but you never know, some players fit some teams and don't fit in at others. I wouldn't turn my nose up at players just because of the League they play in because there are even some gems in poor Leagues. I wouldn't think he'd strike me as a Bruce type of signing? But if it's true and we're interested and Bruce wants him in our squad, then he might be a smart signing, given the talent he's shown earlier in his career and the calibre of players Bruce tends to sign. 

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I hope we’ve learned our lesson, when it comes to signing Scots

Our recent record may not be great but Bruce’s is.

John McGinn