OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

We could get at least half a dozen of the U23s out on loan, probably more. I’d like to see us using those games to try and give potential first teamers, game time. To my mind, either Wildsmith or Dawson, need to be keeping in those games, and then rotate three of the seniors who aren’t maybe playing regularly. There’s also half a dozen of the U18s who should be looking at stepping up to the U23s. I’m thinking of the likes of Dawodu, Rice, Waldock, Grant, O’Brien and Hammoud  

2 hours ago, Quist said:

I think you are correct a couple will be saved but rest moved on.

I wondered who else will be available free this summer. Nick Powell, Lloyd Kelly, Tim Klose, Mike Van Der Horn, Lewis Wing, Jordan Lyden, and Will Vaulks are out of contract according to Transfermarket. Loads of names but have seen all these play well this season.

I'd have any of them other than Lyden and van der Hoorn, although suruely several will get renewals before the summer. That being said, Wing in particular might reject an extension as long as Pulis sticks around.

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We could get at least half a dozen of the U23s out on loan, probably more. I’d like to see us using those games to try and give potential first teamers, game time. To my mind, either Wildsmith or Dawson, need to be keeping in those games, and then rotate three of the seniors who aren’t maybe playing regularly. There’s also half a dozen of the U18s who should be looking at stepping up to the U23s. I’m thinking of the likes of Dawodu, Rice, Waldock, Grant, O’Brien and Hammoud  

Some of those lads have got a real chance of breaking through within the next 18 months.

14 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I'd have any of them other than Lyden and van der Hoorn, although suruely several will get renewals before the summer. That being said, Wing in particular might reject an extension as long as Pulis sticks around.

I have not seen Lyden (or at least can not remember him) play but heard he did well at weekend. Others I have all seen play well, You can approach them now so you can make offer which would challenge club if they wanted to renew. I think when it gets to this stage they are either not wanted or have rejected whats been offered. Apparently Van Der Horn on big money but can not see rest of them on big wages.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

I have not seen Lyden (or at least can not remember him) play but heard he did well at weekend. Others I have all seen play well, You can approach them now so you can make offer which would challenge club if they wanted to renew. I think when it gets to this stage they are either not wanted or have rejected whats been offered. Apparently Van Der Horn on big money but can not see rest of them on big wages.

Isn't it that you can only approach them from now if you're a foreign team? Hence why Dembele went to Celtic and Ramsey is off to Juve etc...

11 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Isn't it that you can only approach them from now if you're a foreign team? Hence why Dembele went to Celtic and Ramsey is off to Juve etc...

Not that I am aware think they can speak to any team when in this period. Ramsey has spoken to other Premiership teams. Think they can sign something called a pre contract agreement.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Reading signing Ejaria on loan for the rest of the season from Liverpool.

Not too fussed about that tbh.

He was garbage at Sunderland last season, and Rangers have sent him packing this season.

Let Reading gamble on him coming good. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I can see where you are coming from with this suggestion. I think we have quite a few who are blocking chances of the U/18s progressing. Even if we send them to National league. Think it would man up players more than in U/23 games.

There is some evidence u/18s are rated higher than some of u/23s. Shaw was on bench on Saturday for cup game. Shaw apparently played well today in U.23 game so some are already seen as next on conveyer belt for first team. The u/23 s have not done well this season so probably hard if not impossible to get thess to league clubs.

You get feeling that upheaval is coming in summer and probably lots of u/23s are released. It may start this month who knows.

12 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I have checked and you are correct this and in England you can only approach with one month left on contract where has its 6 month elsewhere in Europe. I never realised this had changed thought it still applied. I remebe os sining a couple from Celtic on pre contract agreements years ago and thought this could be still done. That is a big disadvantage to English based teams. Really odd as ECJ imposed Bosman throughout Europe and this means we are are at odds with everybody else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Reach being linked with Villa. Can't see it happening myself. 

Reach will be linked with all sorts as he's one of our better fit players.  Bannan recently signed a new contract and FF is injured so the most obvious target will be Reach for the rumour fiends.

If he goes it'll be Premiership.  Villa makes no sense.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

If he goes it'll be Premiership.  Villa makes no sense.

My thoughts too - unless there's someone in Villa's squad that Bruce wants to bring here with him? Hope not. The only one I'd like is Hourihane, but no chance Villa would include him in any deal. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

My thoughts too - unless there's someone in Villa's squad that Bruce wants to bring here with him? Hope not. The only one I'd like is Hourihane, but no chance Villa would include him in any deal. 

Aye, unlikely.

If it wasn't for Barnsley (fans) being petty he'd already be a wednesday player.  Shame.