OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Depends if it’s over 9 or 18 holes?

Well, if he's a false-9 can probably just fake it. 

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

This. In a way we might as well save our money and plan for spending it in the summer. Sounds a bit defeatist but we aren't going anywhere this season and the squad is still really big. 

Id rather cut loose the 8+ players or whatever it is in the summer. Sell who we don't want. Slim the squad down and add some quality to it with the funds we have. All this will be after Bruce has had a few months to assess each player. 

Well its what id do on football managee anyway.

Well I hope we are working to a plan. Although I can see the sense in what you’re saying, I do hope we will do some business this month, both in, and out. Our hands are tied a bit because of the ongoing injury situation, we can’t offload too many, even if we could find takers. I’d prefer us to settle in two or three new players now, rather than have the mass upheaval in the summer. 

Yes, we’ll undoubtably do most of the business in the summer, but if we can get a few in now, and also move some out, then that’s less work to do in the summer

40 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I wasn't referring to financial position - common knowledge we're maxed out unless DC can magic some wriggle room for Bruce. I meant league position. Fredericks was a promotion winner last season, and we're not in the shake-up. Never stood a chance with Holgate for the same reason. If someone higher up the league comes in for Fredericks too, we'll miss out. 

Its all about money and if they will play games. 

Holgate went to WBA because they said he will be a first choice. Villa were in for him as well. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Quist said:

Its all about money and if they will play games. 

Holgate went to WBA because they said he will be a first choice. Villa were in for him as well. 

Money and league position. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Quist said:

The key requirement was he would play.

No guarantees of that. Look at Onomah.. We probably told him he would. 

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

No guarantees of that. Look at Onomah.. We probably told him he would. 

The manager stated they were to send him out to get games, it stated in several newspapers this was the case. Nixon said the requirement was he must play. If you do not play them you get a financial penalty. Club owns asset and they want player to have games, sending to a top side where he may not get in team makes no sense. They also want costs covered and to make money. I presume they may also want a player to go to a manager they approve of. 

Onomah was injured prior to season, both him and Hector were left on shelf we had no opposition for signatures they just wanted them out. These were not sort after players in summer, we were embargoed and so had to do with what was left. I suspect we are not paying all of their wages. If a player is wanted the club who owns looks for best possible terms they want wages covered and if competing interests whoever can offer most. if more than one club offer same its down to player then and presumably he would go for highest in league. If he has any sense he would go where he gets games as without these you get no experience.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Couple of good pacy players at Fulham who have hardly played due to their spending.

- Kebano 

- Ayite 

I like Kebano .

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just looked. Didn't realise we have as many as 12 players out of contract and 2 leaving from loan. Could be 14 players down come the summer. Its a good thing to be honest.

I'm not sure how many we would keep out of that lot as well.

Abdi, Westwood, Jones, Hooper, Boyd, Lee, Matias, Palmer, Pudil, Nielsen, O'Grady & Preston.   It's a shame Lee and Hooper's SWFC careers are coming to an end, but I'd not be particularly upset with any of those going.  OK, maybe Matias is in with a shout of an extension what with recent form and the fact he has pace an we have very little of it...I personally think Westwood has already decided to go...the youngsters need loans out.

That's a fat stack of wages there.  

30 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Abdi, Westwood, Jones, Hooper, Boyd, Lee, Matias, Palmer, Pudil, Nielsen, O'Grady & Preston.   It's a shame Lee and Hooper's SWFC careers are coming to an end, but I'd not be particularly upset with any of those going.  OK, maybe Matias is in with a shout of an extension what with recent form and the fact he has pace an we have very little of it...I personally think Westwood has already decided to go...the youngsters need loans out.

Keep palmer and 3 young uns. Rest can go.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

I think you are correct a couple will be saved but rest moved on.

I wondered who else will be available free this summer. Nick Powell, Lloyd Kelly, Tim Klose, Mike Van Der Horn, Lewis Wing, Jordan Lyden, and Will Vaulks are out of contract according to Transfermarket. Loads of names but have seen all these play well this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

If it was up to me I'd keep Westwood, Palmer (as back up RB) and maybe Matias and Kieran Lee. Not sure on the youngsters. 

• Like 1