OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This. In a way we might as well save our money and plan for spending it in the summer. Sounds a bit defeatist but we aren't going anywhere this season and the squad is still really big. 

Id rather cut loose the 8+ players or whatever it is in the summer. Sell who we don't want. Slim the squad down and add some quality to it with the funds we have. All this will be after Bruce has had a few months to assess each player. 

Well its what id do on football managee anyway.

Most likely. Although, we don't yet know what the plan is - only that DC naively believes we can push top 6. He must have something in mind to attract Bruce at this time when we're in no man's land. 

Edited by wilyfox

Well the quality of players we are rumoured to be after has certainly gone up a gear since SB nearly arrived. Lookman, Carroll and Fredericks wouldn’t even have been imaginable under Jo’s. Not too realistic now tbh.

• Like 1

Don't get the luv in for Brentford's system.

They haven't been in the top flight for 5000 years. Most of their history is in the lower leagues. When the get a decent player they flog him.

They will never get in the prem, always a mid-table champ or 1st div club.

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I suspect he may become available, but our position will go against us - as with Holgate. 

I understand wages are a problem with Fredericks on a fortune. He went on a Bosman and they offered very high wages as no fee involved. Will depend on if they are prepared to subsidise him.

37 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

They haven't been in the top flight for 5000 years. Most of their history is in the lower leagues. When the get a decent player they flog him.

To be fair Brentfords income is probably half of what our is.  They are just trying to get lucky and set the club up for 10 years on Prem riches. They went all out like us or villa have. they would been liquidated in 3 years.

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

I understand wages are a problem with Fredericks on a fortune. He went on a Bosman and they offered very high wages as no fee involved. Will depend on if they are prepared to subsidise him.

We are good wage payers even with our situation I recon. Bruce don't sign players on 10k a week.

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just looked. Didn't realise we have as many as 12 players out of contract and 2 leaving from loan. Could be 14 players down come the summer. Its a good thing to be honest.

Agreed, it’s a great chance for an experienced Championship manager with excellent contacts to build a squad capable of competing again at this level.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I like the fact they can generate a decent sale. Something we havent been able to do in a long long time.

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its not his choice i dont think, i believe its part of the FFP constraints. Correct me if im wrong.

We are under no constraints at the minute. and I can believe Bruce has come here to wheel and deal. some thing else is afoot.

Guest wilyfox
56 minutes ago, Quist said:

I wasn't referring to financial position - common knowledge we're maxed out unless DC can magic some wriggle room for Bruce. I meant league position. Fredericks was a promotion winner last season, and we're not in the shake-up. Never stood a chance with Holgate for the same reason. If someone higher up the league comes in for Fredericks too, we'll miss out.