Jump to content


theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Jayden Stockley to Preston £750,000

He’ll be sold next season or 2 then for 8 million lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Holgate was never coming to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daftpenguin said:

Pretty confident there’s a precedent that means Abraham can’t leave Villa and play for anyone else due to having already appeared for Chelsea and their U21s - seems to be being ignored by the media atm. Small chance that Wolves sign him permanently and loan him back to either Villa or Chelsea as they’re the only clubs he can play for now I think.

Not true. 

 

Apprently him playing in the charity shield (whatever they call it these days) has no bearing on a move to Wolves. 

 

Source sky sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy Smith would be a good signing but can’t see him leaving Huddersfield. 

Will be back at first choice next season in the championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Not true. 

 

Apprently him playing in the charity shield (whatever they call it these days) has no bearing on a move to Wolves. 

 

Source sky sports. 

Correct. The community shield is not an official match, it's an invitational event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Not true. 

 

Apprently him playing in the charity shield (whatever they call it these days) has no bearing on a move to Wolves. 

 

Source sky sports. 

 

24 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Correct. The community shield is not an official match, it's an invitational event. 

It's back on him coming here then

 

lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good to see that we are looking at full backs, but to even had a chance of getting Holgate we needed to be 10-15 points better off!

 

Going to be an interesting window. I would be happy with a couple of full backs and reassess in the summer.

Edited by Owls77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Good to see that we are looking at full backs, but to even had a chance of getting Holgate we needed to be 10-15 points better off!

 

Going to be an interesting window. I would be happy with a couple of full backs and reassess in the summer.

We need a striker, only Joao and Forestieri are up to it

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, I can't see the likes of Holgate coming here.

 

Players of his calibre will be looking to go to teams in and around the top 6.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

TBH, I can't see the likes of Holgate coming here.

 

Players of his calibre will be looking to go to teams in and around the top 6.

 

 

He won't be, he joined WBA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

He won't be, he joined WBA. 

 

I know.

 

The point I'm making is that players of his calibre won't be coming here, whilst we're down in mid table and other teams up near the top 6 are also in the mix for them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Sounds like Defoe to rangers is a done deal. 

 

3C5093E8-1BA6-4A0B-B2D4-0AAB5B17ECEA.jpeg

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

 

3C5093E8-1BA6-4A0B-B2D4-0AAB5B17ECEA.jpeg

 

 

 

21 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Sounds like Defoe to rangers is a done deal. 

 

 

40k per week lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t know who were going to target in the domestic market this window ... not a single name stands out to me as achievable and would improve us 

 

At best your talking hopeful loans for premier league kids or lads coming back from injury, is it worth it ? 

 

I think a lot will come down to what Bruce and Chansiri discussed about the aims for this season, id really question wether Bruce thinks play offs are still achievable and if he’s told Chansiri that maybe we will hold off on the January market and wait till summer 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I really don’t know who were going to target in the domestic market this window ... not a single name stands out to me as achievable and would improve us 

 

At best your talking hopeful loans for premier league kids or lads coming back from injury, is it worth it ? 

 

I think a lot will come down to what Bruce and Chansiri discussed about the aims for this season, id really question wether Bruce thinks play offs are still achievable and if he’s told Chansiri that maybe we will hold off on the January market and wait till summer 

 

Agree with this, although we all know full back area needs a massive upgrade on both sides we have to make sure we get the right ones in and not just another Vermijl/Wiggins squad filler. 

Patience maybe required to wait until summer to get the right players in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We need a striker, only Joao and Forestieri are up to it

Winnall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swfc1983 said:

 

Agree with this, although we all know full back area needs a massive upgrade on both sides we have to make sure we get the right ones in and not just another Vermijl/Wiggins squad filler. 

Patience maybe required to wait until summer to get the right players in. 

 

We need two new permanent full backs, is January the time we’re gonna be able to achieve that ?  Not for me 

 

Will we blow money on a couple of hopeful loans with some hopeful aspiration of getting promoted ? Remains to be seen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I really don’t know who were going to target in the domestic market this window ... not a single name stands out to me as achievable and would improve us 

 

At best your talking hopeful loans for premier league kids or lads coming back from injury, is it worth it ? 

 

I think a lot will come down to what Bruce and Chansiri discussed about the aims for this season, id really question wether Bruce thinks play offs are still achievable and if he’s told Chansiri that maybe we will hold off on the January market and wait till summer 

I agree, it will likely be loans and maybe the odd free transfer. It’s important for us to bring these players now, because, however unlikely a promotion challenge, it is still possible. We also get to see how the side can function with the missing pieces in place. If we bring in someone like Brewster, for example, we may have another Abraham on our hands 

Also, it’s dangerous to write off this season, while supposedly looking to the future, as Jos found out. We need to finish the season as strongly as possible, so we can take that into next season. We don’t want to be sucked into any relegation battle, neither do we want to be going through the motions That will do nothing for attendances

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...