theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

12 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Sky Sports says Iorfa has cost £500k

Club 1867 sales must be going well...,

lol

His previous loan spells have been failures, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a free transfer 

Like I said earlier, Iorfa has everything physically, but we may need to be more patient with him, than McCarthy was ... He preferred Jordan Spence :duntmatter: 

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

With Palace signing Batshitcrazy, we need to get in there for Wickham. 

Late prem bid for Benteke. He's the one likely on the move. 

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

With Palace signing Batshitcrazy, we need to get in there for Wickham. 

Suspect his wages would be prohibitively high - we couldn't afford to keep Rhodes here, Wickham's pay will be in the same ballpark.

20 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

22:22

SUNDERLAND CLOSE ON GRIGG

At the sixth time of asking, Sky Sports News believes Sunderlandhave agreed a fee for Wigan’s Will Grigg

We understand the deal is in the region of £1.5m, with Sunderland trying to push this through before the deadline having been after the striker for weeks.

Sunderland now spending 1.5mil in league one...worlds gone mad.

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Suspect his wages would be prohibitively high - we couldn't afford to keep Rhodes here, Wickham's pay will be in the same ballpark.

We could afford to keep him.

We got rid for a variety of reasons, mainly footballing ones and Rhodes' happiness.

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

They bid 1.2 for him the other day, and 1.25 for Marquis from Donny yesterday and got turned down. I agree its mental, footballs pretty much ruined, how can say Wimbledon compare and compete with that

7 minutes ago, camffiti said:

His previous loan spells have been failures, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a free transfer 

Like I said earlier, Iorfa has everything physically, but we may need to be more patient with him, than McCarthy was ... He preferred Jordan Spence :duntmatter: 

Jordan Spence...... slightly worse player than Louis Spence.... truly terrible for us

8 minutes ago, camffiti said:

That’s the Chelsea cup

money gone then 

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

They bid 1.2 for him the other day, and 1.25 for Marquis from Donny yesterday and got turned down. I agree its mental, footballs pretty much ruined, how can say Wimbledon compare and compete with that

According to Sky, they’ve bid on 7 strikers, but no mention of Winnall being one of them Another player, loads on here were clamouring for us to sign, Zac Clough, he’s moved to Rochdale

6 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

BBC reporting that it's a 4 million pound deal.

Really pleased and surprised we have signed anyone today. Very disappointing that we haven’t managed to get anyone out though. Even a couple of the young lads out on loan would have been better than nothing. Another positive is that we look like we have kept Westwood, expected him to leave today. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

According to Sky, they’ve bid on 7 strikers, but no mention of Winnall being one of them Another player, loads on here were clamouring for us to sign, Zac Clough, he’s moved to Rochdale

Chuffin hell, that’s a come down. Remember when some fans wanted Chuks Aneke former Arsenal player. I think he’s back at MK Dons?

4 minutes ago, ShaunO1 said:

BBC reporting that it's a 4 million pound deal.

BBC know nothing, we know this. 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Aye i posted it earlier about all the strikers they tried to get, then signed the kid from spurs

Need players out the door. 

We just added 3 more to the wage bill.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

22:51

BREAKING NEWS

Derby sign midfielder Andy King on loan from Leicester until the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Need players out the door. 

We just added 3 more to the wage bill.

I agree. It's bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

22:51

BREAKING NEWS

Derby sign midfielder Andy King on loan from Leicester until the end of the season.

See that's a proper signing ...if only we had that sort of money to load a decent midfielder 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I agree. It's bizarre. 

I think it's more us being greedy than it being bizarre.

• Agree 1