Jump to content
theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Don't think we'll sign (or sell) anyone in summer either.

 

Except out of contract players.

 

Probably right. Money free'd up from many players leaving will probably be our budget. And maybe a small sale or two like Winall etc. Thankfully Im happy we have a manager that i feel can negotiate through a tough summer window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Transfer window for ALL deals closes in august.

 

My mistake but my point still stands, it will be a repeat of our options this season. We need to be wheeling and dealing now IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, addedtime said:

"suggested". This is pretty much from a director at Bramall Lane

Hogan on a basic 34 at villa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

14 players will be leaving with no players coming in, big enough for you :picnic: 

Of course there will be players coming in during the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, room0035 said:

14 players will be leaving with no players coming in, big enough for you :picnic: 

 

Arrr, I see you’re going to keep on repeating this rubbish for the next 7 or 8 months then.

 

Super

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

Arrr, I see you’re going to keep on repeating this rubbish for the next 7 or 8 months then.

 

Super

Nope not rubbish mate if you cannot sign players you cannot expect any to come in, unless you are announcing £15m gift to the club today that I missed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Of course there will be players coming in during the summer.

Nope it is called a transfer embargo.

 

Why do you think everyone has been banging on about our need to sell players to balance the books.

 

Come the end of this season with all other things being the same our loss for the season will be about £10-12m meaning this season we will have once against broke Profit and Sustainability rules, the EFL are not going to say - oh well never mind I see you have let a lot of players leave at the end of their contracts - there you go you can sign who ever you want now.

 

NO there will be reprocution's be it a fine, points deduction more likely a transfer embargo for the whole of 2019/20 season as has happened in the past with other EFL teams - Forest are the ones that come to mind a few season back. They were lucky they found a few teams like Everton, that would loan them cheap players that were allowed within the P&S Rule do you think DC has the same friends.

 

But we have been in a self imposed transfer embargo for the last 18 months anyway so not a lot will change.

 

So next season we will start the season with Dawson, Fox, Lees, Thorniley, Baker, Reach, Hutch, Bannan, Joao, Fessi, Fletcher - Not a bad team but should we get any injuries we will be looking to the development squad to fill the gaps or youth loans as long as they fall within the P&S guidelines.

 

We will have no right sided midfielders at the club so Joao will have to play there or another midfielder/forward and only two senior defenders as the rest are either loans or out of contract, we will be ok in midfield but the likes of Hutch, fessi, Fletcher, Rhodes & Nuihu will all be in the last 12 months of their contracts.

 

But don't worry DC know what he is doing as Sonny keeps telling me.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nope not rubbish mate if you cannot sign players you cannot expect any to come in, unless you are announcing £15m gift to the club today that I missed.

 

 

 

It is rubbish. We discussed this a few days ago. You are incorrect to state that we definitely will not be able to sign any players whatsoever in the summer. I will point this out whenever you post it - what joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Nope not rubbish mate if you cannot sign players you cannot expect any to come in, unless you are announcing £15m gift to the club today that I missed.

 

 

 

I see you're still spouting the same crap despite several posters on here explaining the situation to you.

 

Just for clarity, if as seems likely we are put on an embargo but also release all our out of contract players we'll end up with a squad of experienced players numbering well below 24, which is the number the EFL deems necessary for a club to compete.

 

Under 23's with less than a certain amount of first team game time are not classed as experienced by the EFL.

 

Therefore even though we are put on an embargo the EFL would allow us to sign players to bring us up to the minimum requirement of 24.

 

Granted these players would have to be free transfers, out of contract players or loans & there would be a limit set by the EFL on the wages & overall cost to the club.

 

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath as you'll still continue to ignore the facts.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But don't worry DC know what he is doing as Sonny keeps telling me.

 

Don’t be a dïck mate, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mogbad said:

 

I see you're still spouting the same crap despite several posters on here explaining the situation to you.

 

Just for clarity, if as seems likely we are put on an embargo but also release all our out of contract players we'll end up with a squad of experienced players numbering well below 24, which is the number the EFL deems necessary for a club to compete.

 

Under 23's with less than a certain amount of first team game time are not classed as experienced by the EFL.

 

Therefore even though we are put on an embargo the EFL would allow us to sign players to bring us up to the minimum requirement of 24.

 

Granted these players would have to be free transfers, out of contract players or loans & there would be a limit set by the EFL on the wages & overall cost to the club.

 

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath as you'll still continue to ignore the facts.

I think the rule is under 21's matey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

Edited by Sonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think the rule is under 21's matey

 

I'll stand corrected but I don't believe it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the old rule pre Profit and Sustainability - I cannot see any rule post P&S about being able to sign players in embargo's. If either of you have the link please post, as these rules applied to FFP not P&S

 

Any Championship club that is subject to an FFP embargo during the 2015/16 season will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:
 
• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).  
 
Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):
 
• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).
 
Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:
 
• 75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.
• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)
Edited by room0035

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mogbad said:

 

I'll stand corrected

 

Pele was earlier in the thread.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

These are the old rule pre Profit and Sustainability - I cannot see any rule post P&S about being able to sign players in embargo's. If either of you have the link please post, as these rules applied to FFP not P&S

 

Any Championship club that is subject to an FFP embargo during the 2015/16 season will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:
 
• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).  

 

So you’re basing this rubbish on the old rules and even they contradict what you’re saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow page 101 

Or should that be Room 101 

 

What do ppl expect? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

So you’re basing this rubbish on the old rules and even they contradict what you’re saying?

No it was for the under 23's to 21 but post your link where it says everything will be fine and we can do what we want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa sign Mings on loan for the rest of the season. Impressive signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we can sign players in the summer, let's be honest, it will be with strict rules, I read £11,500 a week is the most we could pay in wages if under a soft embargo, we won't be able to pay any transfer fees, so basically we won't be able to compete again next season, our players will be a year older, we don't seem interested in selling anyone, we are well and truly stagnating. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...