OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, Walt said:

To use phrases like effort and work rate totally misses what he was about, you're ignoring the ability Fletcher showed yesterday, that was a proper hold up man's performance.

Maybe Bruce does like his main striker to run in behind but if he was there yesterday then he'd be looking at ways of getting runners off of Fletcher. Signing a more (pacy) direct striker should be down the list of priorities at the present time. 

We’ll see I suppose, but I’d wager it will be one of the first things he’ll address

Harsh to call him up on his lack of mobility especially when that isn't really true. His willingness to run in behind is lacking and that's the reason why Boyd and Matias are playing in the other two positions to give us that dynamic. 

12 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I thought fletcher looked very sharp yesterday and it might of been Birmingham’s defence but he looked quite pacey 

if we can Fletch is someone we need to keep he was excellent yesterday again he just needs someone to play a bit closer to him or have more support around him 

yesterday saw the best from him it’s probably not coincidental that it’s hevause wewas getting forward more and helping him out 

he’s a great outlet who puts everything on the line and will run himself into the ground for you and throughbrick walls 

Is he our new South Korean signing ?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

10:29

SPURS EYE HULL'S BOWEN

Tottenham may need to part with at least £20m if they hope to land Hull City’s young winger Jarrod Bowen this month, Sky Sports Newsunderstands.

The Tigers are aware that Spurs scouts have been watching Bowen closely in recent matches along with a number of other Premier League clubs - but they are not under any pressure to sell their stand-out star. 

Sky Sports News understands Burnley are another club on the hunt for wingers in the January window, and have also sent scouts to watch the 22-year-old at the KCOM Stadium.

Bowen will be and England regular one day, late bloomer but hes getting there

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We’ll see I suppose, but I’d wager it will be one of the first things he’ll address

Maybe so but that wouldn't be addressing the weaknesses of our current side at the moment, that would be coming in with a preconceived idea of how you are going to play without seeing what you have at your disposal.

If money is tight the last thing we should be buying is another striker. I don't believe Bruce would have touched the job mind if money was tight

54 minutes ago, Walt said:

To use phrases like effort and work rate totally misses what he was about, you're ignoring the ability Fletcher showed yesterday, that was a proper hold up man's performance.

Maybe Bruce does like his main striker to run in behind but if he was there yesterday then he'd be looking at ways of getting runners off of Fletcher. Signing a more (pacy) direct striker should be down the list of priorities at the present time. 

That performance by Fletcher yesterday was the best by far I have seen him play for us

whether he can maintain or repeat it on a regular basis is another story.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walt said:

I fully agree with your point about Fletcher and Garajuan is right about Bruce liking real pace in front man. I think Fletcher best role is deep lying centre forward in front three with two wider attackers running off him. Think FF and Matias are quickest we have but probably could do with somebody a yard faster for one of these roles. This would force opposition to defend deeper and allow us to get cleverer players near box where they could do damage.

Even allowing for his delayed start date, I would imagine that Bruce would want 2 or 3 of his own players in this month Without knowing what budget might be available, it’s hard to second guess which players he might go after. We don’t need to go mad, even if the funds are there, we can do this with frees and loans. If the rumoured areas where he wants to strengthen, are correct, then I’d imagine we’d see players currently vying for those positions, moving out. Assuming we don’t have to sell to raise money, then that might see one of the full backs, and a centre back, going out on loan. It’s a little bit different with the forwards Until most of our striking options are fit and available, we can’t really afford to lose one, even if another arrives.

Midfield is another area where we don’t have an abundance of available players We really need to get some of the development players out on loan, but this will probably be decided by others, as Bruce probably won’t have seen them play

3 hours ago, Walt said:

If he saw Fletcher's performance yesterday then he will lead the line every game. You could not ask for any more from a lad playing up front on his own as that was the complete performance. 

apart from the missed header which he should have scored...

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon saying we looked at 2 players last week. 1 went elsewhere and 1 can’t move!?!

Only a handful of players agreed moves last week, my money on the one that got away, would be Mason Holgate

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Only a handful of players agreed moves last week, my money on the one that got away, would be Mason Holgate

Or that Dowell lad that’s just gone to the filth