OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I think it’s clear there will be money, Bruce wouldn’t have signed otherwise. Hopefully we get a few out as well to see off FFP. We simply can’t spend big and continue to horde players there will be more misery on the horizon. I’m not sure how I feel about selling the ground and I’m not convinced that is going to solve P+S.

If we are in the market for players, I think this Swedish lad will be in, Milosevic. I would like us to gamble of Norwood at Tranmere, will be relatively cheap, is quick and has a point to prove. Full backs need addressing despite the improved performances of Fox and Palmer. 

Reach to be moved on? Be a shame but this would solve P+S. All clubs in this division evolve their squads it’s about time we did. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We rejected a bid from them in the Summer. Be nice if we could get him off the wage bill.

..which is the most bizarre thing we've done since appointing Jos unLuhukay. 

10 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Played 19 games for Ipswich so not a total write off. Might not be PL class for Wolves but there's still something about the kid and many would say still better than Baker and Palmer.

19 games in a poor championship side in a season not great. Like I said something is amiss.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If the money can be worked out. Like it was with Terry.

Bruce is the sort of manager that could get Cahill to come to us on loan.

Always had a sneaky feeling that he would finish his career with us.

This might not be so far fetched.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think Bruce will fancy Fletcher or Nuhiu, he generally likes his centre forwards to be more mobile. Can see Joao being asked to lead the line, and/or, he’ll bring someone similar in on loan

Defo not Nuhiu,  but thought Fletcher was very mobile yesterday TBF.  Need a speed merchant playing off him / alongside him not instead off.

Can't see Joao leading the line either, not sure he has the ability to do that.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Don’t think Bruce will fancy Fletcher or Nuhiu, he generally likes his centre forwards to be more mobile. Can see Joao being asked to lead the line, and/or, he’ll bring someone similar in on loan

Not sure if he still has any contacts at Dull, but that Bowen fella looks a right talent. Would be a right coup getting him in somehow.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If he saw Fletcher's performance yesterday then he will lead the line every game. You could not ask for any more from a lad playing up front on his own as that was the complete performance. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

Not sure if he still has any contacts at Dull, but that Bowen fella looks a right talent. Would be a right coup getting him in somehow.

Probably be a bit beyond what he might have available to spend. His old centre forward at Hull, Abel Hernandez, is unhappy in Russia, and maybe a loan for him His massive wages could be a problem though Would really like Bowen here though

1 minute ago, Walt said:

If he saw Fletcher's performance yesterday then he will lead the line every game. You could not ask for any more from a lad playing up front on his own as that was the complete performance. 

I don’t think you can ever criticise Fletcher’s effort, or work rate, but he isn’t the most mobile striker. Bruce wants his centre forwards to run in behind, think Abrahams and Hernandez

Guest Arnold
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

If the money can be worked out. Like it was with Terry.

Bruce is the sort of manager that could get Cahill to come to us on loan.

Looks like he's going to Fulham 

18 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

10:29

SPURS EYE HULL'S BOWEN

Tottenham may need to part with at least £20m if they hope to land Hull City’s young winger Jarrod Bowen this month, Sky Sports Newsunderstands.

The Tigers are aware that Spurs scouts have been watching Bowen closely in recent matches along with a number of other Premier League clubs - but they are not under any pressure to sell their stand-out star. 

Sky Sports News understands Burnley are another club on the hunt for wingers in the January window, and have also sent scouts to watch the 22-year-old at the KCOM Stadium.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think you can ever criticise Fletcher’s effort, or work rate, but he isn’t the most mobile striker. Bruce wants his centre forwards to run in behind, think Abrahams and Hernandez

I thought fletcher looked very sharp yesterday and it might of been Birmingham’s defence but he looked quite pacey 

if we can Fletch is someone we need to keep he was excellent yesterday again he just needs someone to play a bit closer to him or have more support around him 

yesterday saw the best from him it’s probably not coincidental that it’s hevause wewas getting forward more and helping him out 

he’s a great outlet who puts everything on the line and will run himself into the ground for you and throughbrick walls 

Just now, gurujuan said:

To use phrases like effort and work rate totally misses what he was about, you're ignoring the ability Fletcher showed yesterday, that was a proper hold up man's performance.

Maybe Bruce does like his main striker to run in behind but if he was there yesterday then he'd be looking at ways of getting runners off of Fletcher. Signing a more (pacy) direct striker should be down the list of priorities at the present time.