OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Scholes wasn't that good. He's been wildly overrated since he retired.

He's behind Gerrard and Lampard for best English midfielder of that generation. 

In fact David Beckham was a better CM than Scholes was too.

Wow! What an absolute rubbish statement. Go read what Xavi said about Scholes.

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Scholes wasn't that good. He's been wildly overrated since he retired.

He's behind Gerrard and Lampard for best English midfielder of that generation. 

In fact David Beckham was a better CM than Scholes was too.

Id put him above lampard and gerrard personally, beckham was different and not easy to compare. 

I’d have thought we’d at least have moved a few youngsters out. We have had a pretty successful U23 group in recent years, and, if Jos were to be believed, many of the group were ready for championship football He was probably wrong about that, but you’d have thought they would have been of interest to lower league clubs For example, do we really need 5 professional keepers kicking around the place?

how many pages this transfer window before we actually do any business in or out.

For me even if we do nothing for the first team regulars in or out. There are playing that need regular football to improve.

Neilson, Ogrady, Wildsmith, Kirkby - 4 young players who all need game time at a higher level than development team. I would loan all out the league 1 or 2 to get some games under their belt. Wildsmith has gone backwards from last season and needs to be playing regularly, have a recall option if either Dawson or Westwood get injured. If we let him stay understudy it is harming his development.

Realistically without knowing the ins and outs of the club do you think we are this inactive because we have had no offers for anyone of our players and we have no players we want to bring in.

Or we are waiting for Bruce to arrive (which of course will be after the transfer window has shut), I just don't understand the lack of any transfers we have players like, Abdi, pudil, jones, JVA, preston, wildsmith getting no game time can we not look to get them out on loan and sharpen them up. I am surprised we have had no inquiries about any of our players.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

how many pages this transfer window before we actually do any business in or out.

For me even if we do nothing for the first team regulars in or out. There are playing that need regular football to improve.

Neilson, Ogrady, Wildsmith, Kirkby - 4 young players who all need game time at a higher level than development team. I would loan all out the league 1 or 2 to get some games under their belt. Wildsmith has gone backwards from last season and needs to be playing regularly, have a recall option if either Dawson or Westwood get injured. If we let him stay understudy it is harming his development.

I wouldn’t even bring him back to sit on the bench, as, if we can get him out on loan, he’d be better left playing regular games Unless both Westwood and Dawson were out, we could just let Wallis or McCulloch take a place on the bench

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Championship side Brentford have accepted a £12m offer from Bournemouth for Wales international Chris Mepham

The Cherries were close to signing the 21-year-old defender last week and he is set to undergo a medical on Tuesday.

If ever you wanted to know the benefit of youth players look at Brentford find good young players and cherry pick the lower league develop them then sell on for good fees. I bet they have no issues with FFP and under dean Smith looked like a team on the up, with a new stadium on the way as well. This season has been poor but still attracting bid bids for their players.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If ever you wanted to know the benefit of youth players look at Brentford find good young players and cherry pick the lower league develop them then sell on for good fees. I bet they have no issues with FFP and under dean Smith looked like a team on the up, with a new stadium on the way as well. This season has been poor but still attracting bid bids for their players.

They’re a strange model, they get all their youngsters from other academies, Mepham I think was with Chelsea. They don’t develop their own. Their reserve side doesn’t even play in a league, playing mostly friendlies overseas

25 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Championship side Brentford have accepted a £12m offer from Bournemouth for Wales international Chris Mepham. 

The Cherries were close to signing the 21-year-old defender last week and he is set to undergo a medical on Tuesday.

Is he their centre back (number 6 possibly)?  If so he looked class against us.