OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

It might look like that on the surface but for all we know deals could have been negotiated pending us selling players first.

Could have, depends on your level of optimism based on past experience. Im leaning towards it hasnt

Guest wilyfox

Why should we be desperate for a freebie centre-half that hardly played for 4yrs? Quite happy with Lees & Hector paired for the rest of the season, then address in summer. We have other priorities at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

100%.

We can't afford to sign someone who may or may not improve the team. We need to be 100% certain they do.

Besides, we need a LB, RB and CM before a CB and I doubt we have money for 4 new players.

He was free. Offer him a one year contract, lees has hardly been pulling up trees has he

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Why should we be desperate for a freebie centre-half that hardly played for 4yrs? Quite happy with Lees & Hector paired for the rest of the season, then address in summer. We have other priorities at the moment. 

People seem desperate to keep Hutch and Lee

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed we have other priorities, unbelievably the club think its a striker if you believe the reports. Point is, i dont think any of those priorities are available on a free now are they?

Wigan can have him, pointless bringing players in during this window on a wing and a prayer were not going anywhere this season 

If he was any good he wouldn’t be up for a free transfer in January 

Personally last thing I want to see is an influx of more players until we’ve moved some out 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

People seem desperate to keep Hutch and Lee

So we should rush out and sign another unreliable? I think most acknowledge Lee's time here is coming to an end, and Hutch continues to contribute whilst contracted. 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Wigan can have him, pointless bringing players in during this window on a wing and a prayer were not going anywhere this season 

If he was any good he wouldn’t be up for a free transfer in January 

Personally last thing I want to see is an influx of more players until we’ve moved some out 

A lot of players abroad have contracts that finish end of December.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Agreed we have other priorities, unbelievably the club think its a striker if you believe the reports. Point is, i dont think any of those priorities are available on a free now are they?

Unbelievably ?   Really find it hard to believe we need a striker ?  Would have been 4-0 on Saturday if we’d got a decent striker up top 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

A lot of players abroad have contracts that finish end of December.

Nice one, let some other club take a chance on them we’ve got enough dead wood 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Pudil

Thornily

Hutchinson

lee

hector

ALL can play centre half adequately...We need a pacy winger who can cross...Feed Fletcher..even Nuhiu....maybe Rhodes....

If its not a "Proven" centre half..Why f.ookin' bother?

Pudil wont be here next season, hector probably wont be either, hutch will probably be injured again

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why is he unreliable? 

Why do you think he hardly played for 3-4yrs and ended up back in Stockholm, when so many big clubs were keeping tabs on him? Why is a Sweden international of prime age on trial at Wigan? Answer probably begins with 'i' 

Edited by wilyfox