theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Nope, nail on tbe head. Apart frlm we wont sell anyone and end up in an embargo of some sort in the summer.

Hahaha the current top two fckwitts agreeing with each other shocker!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

42 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Biggest problem we have had throughout the whole 3 years is our wage bill and that won't get better till the summer. 

We pay almost what clubs do with parachute payments wage wise.

Our two biggest earners in Fletcher and Rhodes will still be with us for another year. We need to find a way to get them both of the wages bill, Fletcher is playing well but does he do enough for the amount he is paid. 

Maybe if someone made us an offer in the next week or so for Fletcher we should be accepting it though after 18 months of injuries he finally seems to be coming good.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Hahaha the current top two fckwitts agreeing with each other shocker!

Has something upset you?

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Well lets face it, we looked at 200 last time and ended up with Van Aken.

Milsevicc only capped at every level for his country, only 26. Why would we want him. We have loads of players like that.

I mean theres erm.......

Oh yea Pudil who is reaching end of his contract and then theres erm........

You are right we dont need him at all.

I take it you’ve actually seen him play then if your getting this upset about potentially missing out on him? 

40 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Has something upset you?

He/she is a moody little thing every day it seems. 

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our two biggest earners in Fletcher and Rhodes will still be with us for another year. We need to find a way to get them both of the wages bill, Fletcher is playing well but does he do enough for the amount he is paid. 

Maybe if someone made us an offer in the next week or so for Fletcher we should be accepting it though after 18 months of injuries he finally seems to be coming good.

Our FFP/P&S position is such that we unfortunately have to consider offers for any of our players in my opinion.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

If this is true it tells us all we need to know really about possible recruitment this January.

Or that he’s actually not our primary target? Or not as good as we could eventually get.

I’ll reserve judgment until Feb 1st.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Absolutely, better off giving it the tea lady

With the state our clubs in I’d let the dinner lady go on a free and let fringe players like abdi and jones brew up 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

Didnt realise we only had one day, km sure we have had longer than that

Yeah exactly we have 10 more days you big numpty

13 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Or that he’s actually not our primary target? Or not as good as we could eventually get.

I’ll reserve judgment until Feb 1st.

I hope you are right but we are two thirds of the way through with no movement in or, more crucially, out.

46 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I take it you’ve actually seen him play then if your getting this upset about potentially missing out on 

Why do i have to see him play, do i know what im looking for as a professional CB? Does my zero experience in scouting count? 

What is apparent to me though, hes free, we cant spend money, so those 2 kind of help each other, hes played international football, played at a good level, doesnt seem injured, we arent blessed with CB's, hector ie only on loan, that leaves Thorniley and Lees as VA will prob leave and doesnt seem good enough anyway, pudil will also leave. Can we sign Hector, who knows, doubt we arent the only ones interested.

I guess the only reason we arent is because we cant afford the wages either. His record seems decent to me and as we arent having him then he must be throw in some peoples eyes, that annoys me. Not as annoying as an inept Chairman though.

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yeah exactly we have 10 more days you big numpty

Just wasted 21 days too. Numpty

Bruce will be here then and wont care, he cant get lumbered about the transfers as he can just plead he wasnt here.

8 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I hope you are right but we are two thirds of the way through with no movement in or, more crucially, out.

10 days to go for earth shattering moves on our part apparently

14 minutes ago, billyblack said:

10 days to go for earth shattering moves on our part apparently

We are acting all unbothered waiting for other clubs to crack and offer 4 mill for VA...Its like brexit..............

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I hope I’m right too. Clutching st straws obviously :laugh:

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Just wasted 21 days too. Numpty

Bruce will be here then and wont care, he cant get lumbered about the transfers as he can just plead he wasnt here.

You know we wasted them how?

You must be well known in the championship game behind the scenes to know that surely? Otherwise you'd just be talking out your arse as you don't know what's going on? 

This will be good.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why do i have to see him play, do i know what im looking for as a professional CB? Does my zero experience in scouting count? 

What is apparent to me though, hes free, we cant spend money, so those 2 kind of help each other, hes played international football, played at a good level, doesnt seem injured, we arent blessed with CB's, hector ie only on loan, that leaves Thorniley and Lees as VA will prob leave and doesnt seem good enough anyway, pudil will also leave. Can we sign Hector, who knows, doubt we arent the only ones interested.

I guess the only reason we arent is because we cant afford the wages either. His record seems decent to me and as we arent having him then he must be throw in some peoples eyes, that annoys me. Not as annoying as an inept Chairman though.

Could be a reason he's free though.

Besiktas bought him for 900k in 2015, don't seem to have played him.

He went to various clubs on loan until they let him go in 2017.

AIK got him on a free Feb 2018 and now they're letting him go. 

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You know we wasted them how?

You must be well known in the championship game behind the scenes to know that surely? Otherwise you'd just be talking out your arse as you don't know what's going on? 

This will be good.

What will be good?

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

What will be good?

Your explanation as to how you know categorically we've wasted 21 days.

Enlighten us, please.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Could be a reason he's free though.

Besiktas bought him for 900k in 2015, don't seem to have played him.

He went to various clubs on loan until they let him go in 2017.

AIK got him on a free Feb 2018 and now they're letting him go. 

And the only club showing any real interest are Wigan. And that's probably a trial.

• Agree 1