OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

If this is true it tells us all we need to know really about possible recruitment this January.

Or that he’s actually not our primary target? Or not as good as we could eventually get.

I’ll reserve judgment until Feb 1st.

13 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Or that he’s actually not our primary target? Or not as good as we could eventually get.

I’ll reserve judgment until Feb 1st.

I hope you are right but we are two thirds of the way through with no movement in or, more crucially, out.

46 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I take it you’ve actually seen him play then if your getting this upset about potentially missing out on 

Why do i have to see him play, do i know what im looking for as a professional CB? Does my zero experience in scouting count? 

What is apparent to me though, hes free, we cant spend money, so those 2 kind of help each other, hes played international football, played at a good level, doesnt seem injured, we arent blessed with CB's, hector ie only on loan, that leaves Thorniley and Lees as VA will prob leave and doesnt seem good enough anyway, pudil will also leave. Can we sign Hector, who knows, doubt we arent the only ones interested.

I guess the only reason we arent is because we cant afford the wages either. His record seems decent to me and as we arent having him then he must be throw in some peoples eyes, that annoys me. Not as annoying as an inept Chairman though.

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Just wasted 21 days too. Numpty

Bruce will be here then and wont care, he cant get lumbered about the transfers as he can just plead he wasnt here.

You know we wasted them how?

You must be well known in the championship game behind the scenes to know that surely? Otherwise you'd just be talking out your arse as you don't know what's going on? 

This will be good.

29 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why do i have to see him play, do i know what im looking for as a professional CB? Does my zero experience in scouting count? 

What is apparent to me though, hes free, we cant spend money, so those 2 kind of help each other, hes played international football, played at a good level, doesnt seem injured, we arent blessed with CB's, hector ie only on loan, that leaves Thorniley and Lees as VA will prob leave and doesnt seem good enough anyway, pudil will also leave. Can we sign Hector, who knows, doubt we arent the only ones interested.

I guess the only reason we arent is because we cant afford the wages either. His record seems decent to me and as we arent having him then he must be throw in some peoples eyes, that annoys me. Not as annoying as an inept Chairman though.

Could be a reason he's free though.

Besiktas bought him for 900k in 2015, don't seem to have played him.

He went to various clubs on loan until they let him go in 2017.

AIK got him on a free Feb 2018 and now they're letting him go. 

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You know we wasted them how?

You must be well known in the championship game behind the scenes to know that surely? Otherwise you'd just be talking out your arse as you don't know what's going on? 

This will be good.

What will be good?

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

And the only club showing any real interest are Wigan. And that's probably a trial.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

True, can we afford to be picky? I bet we didnt even trial him or show an interest and that will be down to money in my opinion.

Just now, billyblack said:

True, can we afford to be picky? I bet we didnt even trial him or show an interest and that will be down to money in my opinion.

Is he better than Lees and Hector. I very much doubt it. 

Better than Thorniley and Pudil. Maybe?

But in our position we can't take risks on maybe can we. 

39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Just wasted 21 days too. Numpty

Bruce will be here then and wont care, he cant get lumbered about the transfers as he can just plead he wasnt here.

It might look like that on the surface but for all we know deals could have been negotiated pending us selling players first.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Is he better than Lees and Hector. I very much doubt it. 

Better than Thorniley and Pudil. Maybe?

But in our position we can't take risks on maybe can we. 

100%.

We can't afford to sign someone who may or may not improve the team. We need to be 100% certain they do.

Besides, we need a LB, RB and CM before a CB and I doubt we have money for 4 new players.