OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So does anyone know if there is to be any incoming or outgoings as since the chairman statement everything seems to have gone quiet again. Presumably FFP is no longer an issue and Bruce has money to spend.

Back to reality there should be some out going for good prices to alleviate the FFP issues, so when the injured and over paid leave in the summer we can start a fresh without being under an embargo again.

Every other team on this 2 years investment 1 year embargo is just that, we have been in a self imposed embargo for 4 transfer windows now or am I missing something. 

Nope, nail on tbe head. Apart frlm we wont sell anyone and end up in an embargo of some sort in the summer.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So does anyone know if there is to be any incoming or outgoings as since the chairman statement everything seems to have gone quiet again. Presumably FFP is no longer an issue and Bruce has money to spend.

Back to reality there should be some out going for good prices to alleviate the FFP issues, so when the injured and over paid leave in the summer we can start a fresh without being under an embargo again.

Every other team on this 2 years investment 1 year embargo is just that, we have been in a self imposed embargo for 4 transfer windows now or am I missing something. 

Biggest problem we have had throughout the whole 3 years is our wage bill and that won't get better till the summer. 

We pay almost what clubs do with parachute payments wage wise.

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not selling players (for a reasonable fee) in this window would be a massive mistake. Nothing would surprise me with DC but surely he won’t be that naive. 

Maybe we need a buyer in order to sell ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, g-owls said:

January prices are inflated and in our case aren't really needed.

Not going up, not going down. I don't see the point in bringing anyone in, even if we had the finances available to be spending.

Because you always need to be pushing forward. Even bringing players in on loan can be with a view to buy or players with certain attributes to the ones we bring in will give us time to gel in the way we are going to play 

new faces keeps the team competitive it keeps the te fresh and it creates a buzz around the place positivity will drive performances by doing nothing we simply bevaome stagnant and go into the summer all negative 

We don’t need to do much but we need to start rebuilding and refreshing now 

if we can get a few out ( doubtful) and get a couple of loans in this will be enough 

even loaning hector for the season I’d like to think we would make this a full transfer in the summer if possible 

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Just to add, you could put your hand in your pocket and bail out DC from the hole he has got us in. Sounds fair after all......

Can only sell players if someone is willing to buy them. Half (probably the majority) of the championship are in the same boat re FFP,  so the only money comes from the PL and being brutally honest, none of our players are PL quality.

Add into that the level of wages we pay and makes any outgoings extremely unlikely until contracts expire. 

Suspect we might see a loan or two in if Onomah returns to Spurs but nothing significant.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Can only sell players if someone is willing to buy them. Half (probably the majority) of the championship are in the same boat re FFP,  so the only money comes from the PL and being brutally honest, none of our players are PL quality.

Add into that the level of wages we pay and makes any outgoings extremely unlikely until contracts expire. 

Suspect we might see a loan or two in if Onomah returns to Spurs but nothing significant.

Are we in the same boat as other clubs? Have you checked?

1 minute ago, striker said:

With regard to being at or exceeding FFP limits, yes. Most of the league needs to sell in order to buy and some are restricted by EFL from recruiting.

Which clubs? Ipswich and Bolton have been strapped for cash and Birmingham, those clubs have had issues for a while? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Just to add, you could put your hand in your pocket and bail out DC from the hole he has got us in. Sounds fair after all......

The problem is no one trust DC to spend any money wisely he will just waste it on player like Abdi.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, billyblack said:

4 under 23 caps and 5 full caps

I stand corrected, got my info regarding international career from wikipedia.

Milošević played five games with the Serbian U17 team.[21] In 2011, he accepted the Sweden U19 youth coach Hans Lindbom's invitation to a Sweden U19 training camp and soon received his first cap for both Sweden U19 and U21 squads.[1][22]

Erik Hamrén, the senior manager of the Swedish national football team said at a press conference in January that Milošević would have been part of the senior squad that were to play friendlies with Qatar and Bahrain, had it not been for a broken foot

Obviously some information missing.

6 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I stand corrected, got my info regarding international career from wikipedia.

Milošević played five games with the Serbian U17 team.[21] In 2011, he accepted the Sweden U19 youth coach Hans Lindbom's invitation to a Sweden U19 training camp and soon received his first cap for both Sweden U19 and U21 squads.[1][22]

Erik Hamrén, the senior manager of the Swedish national football team said at a press conference in January that Milošević would have been part of the senior squad that were to play friendlies with Qatar and Bahrain, had it not been for a broken foot

Obviously some information missing.

No worries. Its on transfer market as well on the player profile

42 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Biggest problem we have had throughout the whole 3 years is our wage bill and that won't get better till the summer. 

We pay almost what clubs do with parachute payments wage wise.

Our two biggest earners in Fletcher and Rhodes will still be with us for another year. We need to find a way to get them both of the wages bill, Fletcher is playing well but does he do enough for the amount he is paid. 

Maybe if someone made us an offer in the next week or so for Fletcher we should be accepting it though after 18 months of injuries he finally seems to be coming good.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Well lets face it, we looked at 200 last time and ended up with Van Aken.

Milsevicc only capped at every level for his country, only 26. Why would we want him. We have loads of players like that.

I mean theres erm.......

Oh yea Pudil who is reaching end of his contract and then theres erm........

You are right we dont need him at all.

I take it you’ve actually seen him play then if your getting this upset about potentially missing out on him? 

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Our two biggest earners in Fletcher and Rhodes will still be with us for another year. We need to find a way to get them both of the wages bill, Fletcher is playing well but does he do enough for the amount he is paid. 

Maybe if someone made us an offer in the next week or so for Fletcher we should be accepting it though after 18 months of injuries he finally seems to be coming good.

Our FFP/P&S position is such that we unfortunately have to consider offers for any of our players in my opinion.