OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Common misconception this.

Just cos we haven't signed anyone doesnt mean we're doing fizz all.

Also if he's not better than what we got, why bother? Especially in our financial predicament.

You are right, i will give it another 10 days or so to comment on what we arent doing.

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We need a more modern style centre forward, mobile with good technique, athletic, someone who runs in behind 

Yep agree with this. Our forwards aren't dynamic enough and either slow or too similar to one another. Joao is our only one with pace. Fletcher's looked impressive lately to be fair, he links up well and brings others into play with his strength and hold up play, a younger version of him would be good for the future.

Forestieri and Matias are capable of playing behind the main attacker, and capable of moments of excitement along with Joao, with their skill. But we need a more modern type of forward like you said, someone agile and dynamic, a stronger version of Joao? I'd look at the French leagues or the top flight academies and the lower leagues over here for a cheaper version of Kodjia or Maupay or try and loan in a youngster from the top flight like Brewster for example?

32 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Again just because we haven't signed anyone doesnt mean we aren't doing anything lol

Its not fifa you can't just pick a player and sign him on the same day lol

Didnt realise we only had one day, km sure we have had longer than that

Guest wilyfox
30 minutes ago, g-owls said:

January prices are inflated and in our case aren't really needed.

Not going up, not going down. I don't see the point in bringing anyone in, even if we had the finances available to be spending.

Exactly the reason why we should be selling. 

37 minutes ago, g-owls said:

January prices are inflated and in our case aren't really needed.

Not going up, not going down. I don't see the point in bringing anyone in, even if we had the finances available to be spending.

Understand the January prices are inflated argument, but if you can get a team together early, even if you’re not going up or down, in my opinion gives you a better start for the following season! Something we haven’t done really well at in a long time.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, h-owl-er said:

Understand the January prices are inflated argument, but if you can get a team together early, even if you’re not going up or down, in my opinion gives you a better start for the following season! Something we haven’t done really well at in a long time.

Agree with the above. Good time to sell at inflated prices, and procure a couple to bed them in early. There will be a big turnover of players this summer. Doing it all in one window is not advisable. 

8 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Yes I’m sure that’s all we’re looking for in a CB. 

Free and Tall.

Well lets face it, we looked at 200 last time and ended up with Van Aken.

Milsevicc only capped at every level for his country, only 26. Why would we want him. We have loads of players like that.

I mean theres erm.......

Oh yea Pudil who is reaching end of his contract and then theres erm........

You are right we dont need him at all.

Keep saying but loans whose contracts are up in the summer or outstanding free transfers are what we will see. The fact milosovic has accepted a trial Wigan says he isn’t outstanding. Loans generally come towards the end of the window when the full deals are done?

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Well lets face it, we looked at 200 last time and ended up with Van Aken.

Milsevicc only capped at every level for his country, only 26. Why would we want him. We have loads of players like that.

I mean theres erm.......

Oh yea Pudil who is reaching end of his contract and then theres erm........

You are right we dont need him at all.

Under 19's and under 21's but nothing since.

All his clubs since Feb 2016 have been either loans or free transfers.

Maybe we just weren't interested.

3 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

If this is true it tells us all we need to know really about possible recruitment this January.

Also, if this is true it probably tells us all we need to know about Milosevic too if only Wigan are that interested and not signed him yet.

So does anyone know if there is to be any incoming or outgoings as since the chairman statement everything seems to have gone quiet again. Presumably FFP is no longer an issue and Bruce has money to spend.

Back to reality there should be some out going for good prices to alleviate the FFP issues, so when the injured and over paid leave in the summer we can start a fresh without being under an embargo again.

Every other team on this 2 years investment 1 year embargo is just that, we have been in a self imposed embargo for 4 transfer windows now or am I missing something. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So does anyone know if there is to be any incoming or outgoings as since the chairman statement everything seems to have gone quiet again. Presumably FFP is no longer an issue and Bruce has money to spend.

Back to reality there should be some out going for good prices to alleviate the FFP issues, so when the injured and over paid leave in the summer we can start a fresh without being under an embargo again.

Every other team on this 2 years investment 1 year embargo is just that, we have been in a self imposed embargo for 4 transfer windows now or am I missing something. 

Ring chairman and ask