OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I expect to see us utilise the loan market and the arrival of SB will almost certainly open up some doors that would previously have been closed to us. This is almost certainly going to be the case next season as well. From memory you can loan 8 and name 5 in the matchday squad, I think.....

Several high earning contracts coming to an end. Add to this the sale of one or two of our most valuable players which some may find painful but IMO it's imperative we cash on players like AR whilst his value is at the top end of its range in this league. 

Not necessarily ideal circumstances but at the same time, it will definitely be a relief to see the squad refreshed I can't see why that can't happen to some extent.

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Sam Winnall. 28 years old.

Won't make bench when Fernando comes back.

Time to sell is now. 2m. Don't loan him. Sell.

10 months out with a bad knee injury, can't break into our starting 11.  The only way we could get rid of him at the moment would be a loan with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer of he proves himself.

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Sam Winnall. 28 years old.

Won't make bench when Fernando comes back.

Time to sell is now. 2m. Don't loan him. Sell.

Still think Winnall has something to offer once fully fit. Did well at Derby last year. I’d personally let Rhodes, Hooper and Nuhui go at the end of the season. 

Keep Fletcher, Winnall, Joao and possibly add one more pacey forward on loan. 

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:30, WalthamOwl said:

Derby set to sign Ashley Cole. I absolutely hate that little tw@t. 

So.….……………...

If Derby's season goes tats up as usual and FL gets the boot. If Ashley Cole takes over as manager will they become ACDC ????:wacko:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

Probably unpopular but I'd also sell Winnall and keep Nuhiu, his perfect role is what he did yesterday, caused chaos for Wigan defence and deserved a goal

Agree to an extent. But I don't think I have see anyone fluff so many clear cut chances in the box as Nuhiu does. Although Matias does his best to beat him at it. 

I can see why Bruce is after a new striker. We need a proper finisher.

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I expect to see us utilise the loan market and the arrival of SB will almost certainly open up some doors that would previously have been closed to us. This is almost certainly going to be the case next season as well. From memory you can loan 8 and name 5 in the matchday squad, I think.....

Several high earning contracts coming to an end. Add to this the sale of one or two of our most valuable players which some may find painful but IMO it's imperative we cash on players like AR whilst his value is at the top end of its range in this league. 

Not necessarily ideal circumstances but at the same time, it will definitely be a relief to see the squad refreshed I can't see why that can't happen to some extent.

In my mind this is where we've seriously let ourselves down as a football club in recent seasons. You have to sell as well as buy and when a player is in a purple patch of form sometimes you have to cash in. We didn't with Forestieri when interest was shown and he's now worth half of what we could have got a season or two ago. When you look what he's offered in that time it would have been good business and there'd be no talk now of FFP and P&S. 

Football is a business due to the money now involved and a business needs to buy and sell to succeed.

Just now, Junk Smuggler said:

In my mind this is where we've seriously let ourselves down as a football club in recent seasons. You have to sell as well as buy and when a player is in a purple patch of form sometimes you have to cash in. We didn't with Forestieri when interest was shown and he's now worth half of what we could have got a season or two ago. When you look what he's offered in that time it would have been good business and there'd be no talk now of FFP and P&S. 

Football is a business due to the money now involved and a business needs to buy and sell to succeed.

Yep. Really the model for most clubs in this league (us included) has to be this. Buy smart, maximise profit and repeat.

AR is a classic example of that although at the time many baulked at the rumoured fee paid. Now he has to be worth considerably more IMO. We bought smart in that instance, now it's time to maximise the profit. Then comes the hard part, repeat the process.....

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Yep. Really the model for most clubs in this league (us included) has to be this. Buy smart, maximise profit and repeat.

AR is a classic example of that although at the time many baulked at the rumoured fee paid. Now he has to be worth considerably more IMO. We bought smart in that instance, now it's time to maximise the profit. Then comes the hard part, repeat the process.....

Totall agree. We bought Forestieri for £3 million plus and could easily have got over £12 million a couple of seasons ago. No we wouldn't get anywhere near that. That's another opportunity we missed. Same could be said for the likes of Tom Lees who we maybe could have cashed in on a year or two ago and is now not in the same form. Only ones still retaining any resale value at present are Reach and Bannan (value enough to get us out of a pickle).