OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, keepitsteel89 said:

So we're going to be over run and destroyed in a matter of weeks by barbarian hordes? Yep..sounds about right 

I was thinking more along the lines of “not built in a day” but yes, you may well be right. 

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I was thinking more along the lines of “not built in a day” but yes, you may well be right. 

Nah I actually agree with you I can't see us having a mass overhaul this Jan maybe the summer.. prices are too high in Jan and that will put teams off bidding for the players we need gone, dc may still feel we have a long shot of going up and will want to hang on to our assets (not that I agree with him but I seriously think he dose think it) but it's selling those assets that's going to allow us to rebuild.. I think he's hoping to avoid ffp problems through some commercial dealing with the ground ect which will mean avoiding selling players this window to meet the deadlines at the end of may

Edited by keepitsteel89

10 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Nah I actually agree with you I can't see us having a mass overhaul this Jan maybe the summer.. prices are too high in Jan and that will put teams off bidding for the players we need gone, dc may still feel we have a long shot of going up and will want to hang on to our assets (not that I agree with him but I seriously think he dose think it) but it's selling those assets that's going to allow us to rebuild.. I think he's hoping to avoid ffp problems through some commercial dealing with the ground ect which will mean avoiding selling players this window to meet the deadlines at the end of may

I agree, there must be a plan regards funds because the appointment of SB does not add up any other way. In terms of how fast we can transition out of mediocrity, we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope that it's reasonably quick. I just want to see us signing the right type of players. If that takes a bit longer its fine with me. 

I just read SA comments on the weekends game and the mental frailty that is our trademark has been well noted. As @Mr Farrell said in a post yesterday, the only positive of the Hull game was that the players showed their true colours sooner rather than later.

On a different and unrelated  note..just to avoid starting a new thread.. Andy Rhodes has been troubling me recently..I cant help feeling a large amount of animosity  towards the man... I feel he was in peoples ears to sign his kid and then its been well reported there was friction in the squad because of him trying to get carlos to play favourites.. I know it was said some of the players found out about this and "bullied them" ..but I would be bloody furious if I was a player who saw nepotism creeping in to the team selections, bullying may have been fair! .. I know there are alot of people to blame for JR signing..fans included.. and blame may be a strong word because we are looking back in hindsight.. but I just get a feeling AR was overstepping the line on more than a few occasions.. hes recently been sacked by Oldham  as well.. not sure why but it just adds to be suspicions.. I may be totally wrong but I haven't seen anyone voice this and I genuinely feel the man got away lucky  

Edited by keepitsteel89

9 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

On a different and unrelated  note..just to avoid starting a new thread.. Andy Rhodes has been troubling me recently..I cant help feeling a large amount of animosity  towards the man... I feel he was in peoples ears to sign his kid and then its been well reported there was friction in the squad because of him trying to get carlos to play favourites.. I know it was said some of the players found out about this and "bullied them" ..but I would be bloody furious if I was a player who saw nepotism creeping in to the team selections, bullying may have been fair! .. I know there are alot of people to blame for JR signing..fans included.. and blame may be a strong word because we are looking back in hindsight.. but I just get a feeling AR was overstepping the line on more than a few occasions.. hes recently been sacked by Oldham  as well.. not sure why but it just adds to be suspicions.. I may be totally wrong but I haven't seen anyone voice this and I genuinely feel the man got away lucky  

actually I dont know if the bullying bit was well reported I may have just dreamed all this.. ffsss:ghoulguy:

4 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

So we're going to be over run and destroyed in a matter of weeks by barbarian hordes? Yep..sounds about right 

Well that’s not very good given the scrubbers are on their way to s6 in the next few weeks

12 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Not sure where you're getting your info from but he's yet to make a Brighton squad according to transfermarkt.com.

Granted, he's only been back for two games. 

He was signed for £3m in the summer from Wigan, and loaned straight back to them until January. He's back at Brighton now, but it wouldn't surprise me, if come the end of the month, Brighton look to loan him back out again if Duffy, Dunk and Balogun stay fit and ahead of him in the pecking order. 

he was on bench in last game. I looked at recent games did not look at early part of season. Assumed if in squad now required.

Aston Villa looking to sign Sawyers and Henry, whom Smith had at Walsall, from his former club Brentford Would imagine, if they get Sawyers, then maybe Hourihane may be surplus to requirement Rumour suggests they make look to cash in on either him, or Grealish  Hourihane would be way out of our range

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

Hourihane wanted to come to Wednesday before villa so it may not be unrealistic, personally i would swap him for bannan with 3m cash coming our way

If they get Sawyers, they won’t want Bannan The only chance we would have getting him, would be an unlikely loan deal

I'd love to sign Romaine Sawyers. Or players like him, pace, energy, ability to get forward and score. 

Obviously I'm sure he's out of our price range but I'd love to start seeing players with those attributes come into the team rather than some slow, over the hill, expensive big name. 

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Hourihane wanted to come to Wednesday before villa so it may not be unrealistic, personally i would swap him for bannan with 3m cash coming our way

I think Hourahane is a rated higher than Bannan we would do well to get a straight swap. I would like to see it happen as he can deliver balls into box on a regular basis the likes of Fletcher and Winnall thrive on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I read bullying stuff on here at time of forum so you did not imagine it. When JL arrived from about third game Rhodes was sent to watch game from stand by Luhukay saying he wanted a view of game from this level. However I was told there was unease between the two of them and it was no surprise when Rhodes left. I think he is excellent goalkeeping coach but best left to that role.

It was said on here Fox is some relation to Agnew who is related to Rhodes. After last weeks performances by full backs when limitations were clearly exposed to see what happens with Fox going forward. I think Agnew seems a diplomat who does what he is told and does not enter into politics from interviews so far so do not think we will have a problem.