OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 hours ago, twolaptops said:

If Winnall is close to return......................him & Houlihan are a dynamite partnership at this level ???

Hourihane is staying at Villa. Played 22 out of 24, has 6 assist and 3 goals.

Neal Maupay at Brentford, 22 year old. Championship top goal scorer with 14. Bruce bought Scott Hogan from Brentford whilst at Aston Villa.

Maupay is the sort of player we should be looking at - Quality now and for the future. (obviously, means afew outgoings)

Talk of Maupay and people like Bowen are ridiculous in my opinion. both would cost over 10m each and we won't be spending anything like that in January.

Will be loan players from the premier league at best. And even if we did sell Reach or Forestieri then it would be out of necessity not to go and invest on someone else.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Talk of Maupay and people like Bowen are ridiculous in my opinion. both would cost over 10m each and we won't be spending anything like that in January.

Will be loan players from the premier league at best. And even if we did sell Reach or Forestieri then it would be out of necessity not to go and invest on someone else.

This would be my opinion unless there’s something we’re not aware of.

I wouldnt hold your breath for anything happening in jan,in or out.I think he'll go with what he's got, to have look who he wants rid and who he wants to keep.Then sort it out in summer.

Maybe if one of his favourites comes up tho he might push DC to get em in instead of missing them...Diame..Snodgrass..etc...

UTO.....FTFB

22 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Two quality full-backs please. 

This. 

Two quality FB will be a massive boost. 

Can’t see any full transfers coming in unless we sell. 

Expect Bruce to call in some favours for quality loans though. Be great to have a manager who can call up other PL managers and utilise that network of contacts. 

Bruce always seems to bring in a veteran centre back, who he installs as captain, and he likes to bring in a striker to give him an immediate impact at his new club. Never really known him to sit and take stock, he doesn’t seem to be that type of manager. 

He may have to do that here I suppose, but even when his hands were tied for a short period at Villa, he still managed to bring in 7 players (frees and loans) Think he is that type of manager, who looks to the transfer market, rather than spending more time on the training ground He will look to refresh the squad, and to be fair, that’s why most of us wanted that type of manager

I think we may see the departure of Van Aken, if he is fit. Dutch clubs will have noted that he isn’t getting game time, and he was much sought after when we signed him. We’ve seen no real signs of the talent that supposedly attracted the likes of PSV, as he’s looked way off the pace, even in U23 games A loan move back to a club in the Netherlands might be on the cards

Edited by gurujuan

Get ff winnall hooper and hopefully lee back fit, and two full backs on loan with a view to permanents in the summer. Massive cull in the summer of those out of contract and a thorough rebuild for next season and all will be good. 

14 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

If Bruce goes with 442 then I’d say a RB, DM and RW are needed most. Maybe a CF too depending on Winnall/Hooper’s availability.

Wouldn’t it be great if Bruce is given decent funds somehow to bring in some top players 

I’d be making a call to Everton and taking a few players on loan. We can dream.. 

Westwood 

Holgate   Lees    Hector    Penney 

Lookman  McCarthy  Bannan  Reach 

Niasse   Forestieri 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’d be making a call to Everton and taking a few players on loan. We can dream.. 

Westwood 

Holgate   Lees    Hector    Penney 

Lookman  McCarthy  Bannan  Reach 

Niasse   Forestieri 

Lookman is involved most weeks 

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Hourihane is staying at Villa. Played 22 out of 24, has 6 assist and 3 goals.

Neal Maupay at Brentford, 22 year old. Championship top goal scorer with 14. Bruce bought Scott Hogan from Brentford whilst at Aston Villa.

Maupay is the sort of player we should be looking at - Quality now and for the future. (obviously, means afew outgoings)

Maupay is the top scorer in the division, he wouldn't come here and would cost at least £15 million, not a chance.