OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I may be wrong but I thought next season, even taking into account the rolling 3 year system, we will be even more in breach of FFP - something like going from 8% over to 20% over,  figures I read a while ago?

No idea. Its all guesswork from me. I suppose if clubs can't get it right then we have no chance of knowing the realities.

West Brom are keen on Newcastle United midfielder Isaac Hayden, according to The Telegraph journalist John Percy on Twitter.

The 23-year-old has made eight appearances for Rafa Benitez’s side in the Premier League this season and could leave this month in search of more regular first-team action.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m struggling to see why Villa would feel they need Reach

I've found generally, when someone does very well against you. Like Reach has against Villa, it sparks interest.

These billionaire owners like what they see, their families see it. It's all they can talk about.

Whether it makes positional sense or not...

4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

West Brom are keen on Newcastle United midfielder Isaac Hayden, according to The Telegraph journalist John Percy on Twitter.

The 23-year-old has made eight appearances for Rafa Benitez’s side in the Premier League this season and could leave this month in search of more regular first-team action.

As much as I’d like to see Hayden here, a midfielder doesn’t seem to be one of Bruce’s priorities The consensus seems to be, that he wants a right back, a centre back and a centre forward. The latter two positions, are often priorities that Bruce likes to address, wherever he is Usually a veteran, or experienced centre back, often with leadership qualities, and a quick and mobile centre forward. Both would suit our needs. That’s not to say we couldn’t do with a little more bite in midfield though, but maybe he feels we may already have such a player at the club (Hutchinson/Hector)

Isaac Hayden would be a great signing and considering he can play right back and in defence he ticks a few boxes. If players like him are available and in budget we should sign them. Especially as part of our trimming in the summer we need to be replacing the likes of Jones with midfielders like Hayden. 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I know they look at a projection for the year ahead. I can't remember if it is 3 past years and the projection for the year ahead or 2 past years and the projection making 3 in total.

Someone on here will know.lol

Or make it up .

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

How come every window bloomin villa get mentioned about wanting our players... but they have spent so much cash I can't see how they can possibly keep it up.

I highly doubt villa have the money for reach. The are seriously in trouble ffp wise should they fail to gain promotion. 

2 hours ago, prowl said:

I know they look at a projection for the year ahead. I can't remember if it is 3 past years and the projection for the year ahead or 2 past years and the projection making 3 in total.

Someone on here will know.lol

Think it’s two years past and one year forward. Someone on here will confirm.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

I highly doubt villa have the money for reach. The are seriously in trouble ffp wise should they fail to gain promotion. 

What if it's players plus cash.

Hourihane plus 5m.

Kodija plus 5m

Bree and Lansbury plus 8m.

Elmohamady and Hogan plus 10m 

Or whatever combination Bruce wants lol

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

What if it's players plus cash.

Hourihane plus 5m.

Kodija plus 5m

Bree and Lansbury plus 8m.

Elmohamady and Hogan plus 10m 

Or whatever combination Bruce wants lol

That might change things, im not worried, id rather have the straight cash, players youve mentioned would be on a fortune, unlikely we would be able to match let alone improve. 

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Somethings possible in terms of money being available. Chansiri said we don't need to sell players still (thats beyond me but w.e). Bruce is well known for liking a bit of a money pot. Add to that the 14 players that are out of contract in June, which would free up a lot. I wonder. Plus the ffp is 3 years rolling. That eliminates the money we spent in year 1 from our ffp accounts which was on Hooper, Forestieri, Matias, Joao and others. So i presume as we are comimg up to year 5 next season since we started spending big that we will start to be free'd up again in terms of money to spend. I don't know! 

Get this but our wage bill has significantly increased since then I would say year two signings such as abdi Jones fletcher and Boyd would accumulate in the region of about £140k per week which is over 7million a year just on wages 

If Bruce is looking to bring in an experienced centre back, and he usually does, then it could easily be someone who is out of contract. At Villa he recruited Samba and Terry, the latter installed as captain. Not saying it would be any of those, but it seems the type of player he always goes for early in his reign. We could do with such a player, an experienced leader at the back, someone who can organise the defence. It does go against our newly stated policy of only recruiting younger players though.

However, we are unlikely to find an experienced leader who fits that age profile

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Bruce is looking to bring in an experienced centre back, and he usually does.

We are unlikely to find an experienced leader who fits that age profile

The only player that completely fits this mould.

Is Tommy Elphick. 

He was a part of Hull City's return to form until Villa (out of the blue) recalled him and Steve Bruce did sign him.