OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Right back for me is the priority 

I think if we’re playimg with a front three or wingers we could to with another wideman 

If we have to sell one of our players The this also might need to be addressed 

position wise probably bannan is the hardest to replace with what we’ve already got 

forestieri and reach might be able to be replaced with players we already have so as big as a loss that would be we’d be ok 

id like to keep reach but he could be the difference on bringing a couple in and keeping our best assists 

could we sell reach and bring in maybe Burke and a right back? 

I'd say we need around 4 or 5 players. 

Dunno what funds are available, etc. 

Won't be surprised to see a couple of loanees come in.

With the main rebuilding work being done in the summer.

I think we still lack the attributes we've needed ever since Wembley. Most notably a commanding defensive leader; midfield beast, pace and power.

If Bruce comes in, he seems to like to build his teams around a solid physical base with some pacey direct players. Plus he would've noticed our weaknesses in the build up to Wembley and will probably notice that those weaknesses haven't been addressed. 

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

If Bruce goes with 442 then I’d say a RB, DM and RW are needed most. Maybe a CF too depending on Winnall/Hooper’s availability.

Wouldn’t it be great if Bruce is given decent funds somehow to bring in some top players 

We have two good potential defensive midfielders, in Hutchinson and Hector. Doubt we’d find better.

Perhaps we’d be better looking for an experienced leader at the back. That’s the type of player Bruce always seems to bring in. 

He usually likes to bring in a striker to kick start his regime

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have two good potential defensive midfielders, in Hutchinson and Hector. Doubt we’d find better.

Perhaps we’d be better looking for an experienced leader at the back. That’s the type of player Bruce always seems to bring in. 

He usually likes to bring in a striker to kick start his regime

Perhaps, tho Hector has been excellent as a centre back recently and Hutch can’t play every game.  

We really need a ball playing holding midfielder so that Bannan can get forward more and not be the one collecting it deep between the centre backs 

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, Shezza said:

What happened to Matt Penney?

Breakthrough season. Inconsistent. Not ready to be first choice week in week out. Fox and Palmer are steady at best. Able understudies, but no more. Baker hasn't impressed me. He's a trier, but needs to get out on loan to develop. Since Pudil's legs went & Hunt was sold, we've been lacking in those positions. Upgrade our full-backs and you improve the team significantly. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him looking at a short term deal for someone like Robert Huth Yes it goes against our new policy of signing younger players, but if we feel we need an experienced leader, then that’s what we’ll have to do Wouldn’t neccesarilly be my choice, but it’s the type of signing Bruce seems to go for

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him looking at a short term deal for someone like Robert Huth Yes it goes against our new policy of signing younger players, but if we feel we need an experienced leader, then that’s what we’ll have to do Wouldn’t neccesarilly be my choice, but it’s the type of signing Bruce seems to go for

Lees & Hector doing fine. Westwood adds some authority at the back. It's full-backs we need. 

Definitely think he'll be looking at RB. He's brought Axel Tuanzebe in twice at Villa and also got James Bree from Barnsley. They may be two he has an eye on seeing as he's worked with them previously. Tuanzebe is on loan to Villa currently but if Dean Smith needs wiggle room it could be terminated?

23 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Definitely think he'll be looking at RB. He's brought Axel Tuanzebe in twice at Villa and also got James Bree from Barnsley. They may be two he has an eye on seeing as he's worked with them previously. Tuanzebe is on loan to Villa currently but if Dean Smith needs wiggle room it could be terminated?

Dean Smith wants Sawyers from Brentford, so may be looking to offload some midfielders