OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Defoe gone to Rangers.....bloody ell he was going to the piggery last week..Ah... no wonder, they wanted gazza instead

They want Gazza because he will cost them about 12k a week. 

The reason wilder keeps going on about about 40k wages all the time is because his board will only let him have about a third of that and he is a bit gutted about it.

Because when he goes into the boardroom and says Jermaine Defoe. They look at him and say Gary Madine. 

Edited by pazowl55
  • Haha 6

Carroll or Lookman, no chance, and we certainly don’t need another lump of a forward. If Hernandez really wants to leave Russia, and is prepared to take a massive wage cut, then he’d be ideal. He wants to return to England, and he isn’t gonna get a Premier League gig

20 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

They want Gazza because he will cost them about 12k a week. 

The reason wilder keeps going on about about 40k wages all the time is because his board will only let him have about a third of that and he is a bit gutted about it.

Because when he goes into the boardroom and says Jermaine Defoe. They look at him and say Gary Madine. 

Don't think they will pay that, Cardiff will pay his wages...maybe an exchange deal on.

Or maybe Colin is in full wind up mode.

NW
”They create a lot of chances do Sheffield, and I’ve said to him: ‘go and get my old club up and get them promoted’.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Don't think they will pay that, Cardiff will pay his wages...maybe an exchange deal on.

Or maybe Colin is in full wind up mode.

NW
”They create a lot of chances do Sheffield, and I’ve said to him: ‘go and get my old club up and get them promoted’.:biggrin:

Agent Madine. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 05/01/2019 at 05:57, Ronio said:

Really scared me with that post.  I honestly thought they signed that Tranmere lad.  

Oliver, though, they can have him.  

Not so sure about that.

James Norwood is a 28-year old League Two striker who I doubt would score more than 10 a season at this level.

Oliver Norwood on the other hand has been superb in dictating play from the base of United's midfield so far this season and is one of the best set piece takers in the league.

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Didn't Bruce play with Diame as a 10 in his Hull days. 

Doesn't have to be a typical number 10.

Aye there's an assumption that number 10s have to be nippy, technically gifted players who drift into pockets and play killer balls in behind, but you can have joy in that position from completely different types of players, remember how good Fellaini was when Moyes played him there for Everton?

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Carroll or Lookman, no chance, and we certainly don’t need another lump of a forward. If Hernandez really wants to leave Russia, and is prepared to take a massive wage cut, then he’d be ideal. He wants to return to England, and he isn’t gonna get a Premier League gig

Hernandez is injury prone though. Don't fancy another one of those here.

5 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Aye there's an assumption that number 10s have to be nippy, technically gifted players who drift into pockets and play killer balls in behind, but you can have joy in that position from completely different types of players, remember how good Fellaini was when Moyes played him there for Everton?

And how well Gerrard worked with Torres.

7 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Depends what you want your 10 to do. Depends what players you have playing around him. Diame occupied the space between centre mid and centre back, it gave Huddleston more freedom. Same with Fellaini. What Abdi did for Watford was more traditional, he could recycle, pick a pass and had goal threat. If you've got wide attackers who like to drift in and join with the striker I'd say you want the killer pass. If you're wide men/full backs stay wide then a diame type is more likely to work. By occupying that space it attracts the opposition centre mid and full back leaving space for a winger/full back to exploit.

Guest wilyfox
6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Heard we have asked about Ryan Fredericks this weekend

Would be an excellent signing, but unlikely. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is currently third choice for his position at West Ham, but yes, probably unlikely

I suspect he may become available, but our position will go against us - as with Holgate. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I suspect he may become available, but our position will go against us - as with Holgate. 

This. In a way we might as well save our money and plan for spending it in the summer. Sounds a bit defeatist but we aren't going anywhere this season and the squad is still really big. 

Id rather cut loose the 8+ players or whatever it is in the summer. Sell who we don't want. Slim the squad down and add some quality to it with the funds we have. All this will be after Bruce has had a few months to assess each player. 

Well its what id do on football managee anyway.