OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Obviously not going to sign him now but I would have loved us to have been in for Bradley Dack before Blackburn signed him. Absolutely quality player, scored a hell of a lot of goals for a midfielder. 

Earlier in this thread I put forward name of Wimbledon's Anthony Hartigan.

He really impresses me as an intelligent and cultured central midfielder. I heard he did really well again today and scored his first goal as a pro.

Like you said, it is all about spotting them while they are not on the radar of numerous scouts.

On 05/01/2019 at 12:00, steelcityowlsfan said:

Ben Marshall on loan. There I said it and I’m sorry lol

Birmingham City are keen on Norwich City winger Ben Marshall, according to journalist Alan Nixon on Twitter. 

The Blues are looking into a loan deal for the 27-year-old as they aim to bolster their squad in this January transfer window.

Marshall, who only joined Norwich in the summer, has had an injury-hit season so far and has made just five appearances for Daniel Farke’s side. Therefore, they are expected to loan him out for him to regain his fitness and get more minutes under his belt.

I understand that Bruce is a 4-2-3-1 man. If he is going to play this formation, would you like us to go and sign a proper number 10 to play behind the striker. I see Reach as a wide attacker and he hasn’t the skill set to play the number 10 role in my opinion. I haven’t got anybody in mind tho. 

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I understand that Bruce is a 4-2-3-1 man. If he is going to play this formation, would you like us to go and sign a proper number 10 to play behind the striker. I see Reach as a wide attacker and he hasn’t the skill set to play the number 10 role in my opinion. I haven’t got anybody in mind tho. 

A fully fit (I know a big ask) Foristierri would surely be perfect for the number 10 role? For me essential buys for next season are two new full backs, a DM who is an upgrade on Pelupessy and can replace Hutch. A forward with pace and a CB if Hector can’t be signed up.

14 minutes ago, wmb said:

A fully fit (I know a big ask) Foristierri would surely be perfect for the number 10 role? For me essential buys for next season are two new full backs, a DM who is an upgrade on Pelupessy and can replace Hutch. A forward with pace and a CB if Hector can’t be signed up.

Forestieri is perfect for the role, although I’d envisage he’d still be able to roam wherever he wants That’s how you get the best out of him. If that is the system Bruce favours, his first priority will be to find a striker who can lead the line. He definitely won’t fancy Fletcher for that role, as he likes his strikers to be more mobile. That would suit Forestieri as well, as he needs someone who offers more movement than Fletcher offers. I’d like to think that eventually Joao might be able to do it, but at the moment, he has a few things to learn first

58 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Powell Wigan out of contract in summer.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He would be a clever signing and i think Bruce wanted him at Villa at one point.

..and managed him briefly at Hull. In Hooper's absence - or as his long-term successor - Powell would be good in the 10 role for us. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Forestieri is perfect for the role, although I’d envisage he’d still be able to roam wherever he wants That’s how you get the best out of him. If that is the system Bruce favours, his first priority will be to find a striker who can lead the line. He definitely won’t fancy Fletcher for that role, as he likes his strikers to be more mobile. That would suit Forestieri as well, as he needs someone who offers more movement than Fletcher offers. I’d like to think that eventually Joao might be able to do it, but at the moment, he has a few things to learn first

FF is not a 10 and never will be. A 10 needs to create chances for others. FF is a striker - far too greedy to be a 10. 

12 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

FF is not a 10 and never will be. A 10 needs to create chances for others. FF is a striker - far too greedy to be a 10. 

He is, in so much as he plays between the lines We are a totally different side when Forestieri plays, but he needs to play with players who are on the same wavelength

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He is, in so much as he plays between the lines We are a totally different side when Forestieri plays, but he needs to play with players who are on the same wavelength

Think he would rather shoot than play a ball through for a Matias run. 

David Silva plays the pass 10 times out of 10.

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hes a false 9 rather than a 10 in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think he would rather shoot than play a ball through for a Matias run. 

David Silva plays the pass 10 times out of 10.

I don't think David Silva is comparable to anyone in this league. He has Aguero to pass to FFS while Forestieri has Nuhiu Fletcher or Joao

Edited by flo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Hes a false 9 rather than a 10 in my opinion. 

Maybe, yes, but can easily play all across the line of three behind a lone striker. We have a few players who can play there of course, but it’s the lone striker role, that is the problem Think Bruce will have already identified that, and will act to bring in another striker