OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Absolutely, sign someone for 5m, sell for 15+ reinvest it in 2 or 3 players and keep improving the squad in a sustainable manner.

Painful in the short term. But, if you can consistently pull this off you are ultimately on a winner.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The Nuhiu comparison? Just making a point that in their own way they are players who have divided opinion amongst the fan base. Reach has had his good days for us, so has Nuhiu.

Some fans will think we won’t miss Reach. Others will think we’re better off without Nuhiu. I think once they’re no longer an option for whoever is in charge, you then find out real answer?

I mean, I don't believe Reach is anywhere near as divisive as Nuhui. But, I accept a few just don't get it. AR will be sorely missed IMO but I always say nobody is irreplaceable and at the right price a club like ours should sell. That has to be our model, buy smart, sell smart and repeat.

6 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I mean, I don't believe Reach is anywhere near as divisive as Nuhui. But, I accept a few just don't get it. AR will be sorely missed IMO but I always say nobody is irreplaceable and at the right price a club like ours should sell. That has to be our model, buy smart, sell smart and repeat.

I agree to a large extent. Do you think we’ll buy and sell smartly under Bruce?

20 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I agree to a large extent. Do you think we’ll buy and sell smartly under Bruce?

I think he is potentially a great fit for us and I'm optimistic about his appointment. However, I don't think that will be his brief.

Clubs like ours should be looking at the model of RB Leipzig, RB Salzburg, FC Copenhagen etc, etc. We need a sustainable model that can still deliver a good chance of promotion and attractive football. 

Edited by Morepork

Yes, if Reach were to leave, Burke would have been the perfect replacement. My take on Reach is, he is undoubtably one of our better players, hence the interest from top flight clubs. His non stop running, and goals from all areas, makes him a valuable member of the squad, and losing him would surely weaken us However, I’m not sure that he was ever a perfect fit for us, or we haven’t found the right position for him. I’d say, his current role is the best of the many he’s played for us, but you still get the feeling that he could influence the game more than he does. Maybe the rest of the midfield set up doesn’t suit him, I don’t know 

Hopefully, if he leaves for a fee that will go a long way to sorting out our financial issues, we can look for a player that complements our current set up better

23 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think he is potentially a great fit for us and I'm optimistic about his appointment. However, I don't think that will be his brief.

Clubs like ours should be looking at the model of RB Leipzig, RB Salzburg, FC Copenhagen etc, etc. We need a sustainable model that can still deliver a good chance of promotion and attractive football. 

RB Wednesday........