OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox

Can't wait for Madine to sign for them. I'd love to hear Wilder justify signing a player who did time for assaulting one of their fans, and have the rest of 'em pay to watch him play. Awesome. 

55 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

They seem delighted with him... is he any good? 

Yes, one of the better Championship centre midfielders.

I think a few give him some flack because he was pretty average at Brighton, but he was exceptional for Huddersfield, good at Reading, and a near mainstay in a top 6 Championship team at Sheffield United. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

IMG_9131.PNG.61bff03f034eae8a518c77b53affb006.PNGIMG_9132.GIF.cae5b80dd6370067d3ccc590c2bfbe8a.GIF

Unfortunately this is how we should be operating. Cash in and reinvest in the next Reach. I’d hate us to sell and then spend stupid money and wages on 30 something has-beens like Bong.

Surprised that’s the first reach rumour if of thought a few teams will be sniffing around our players thinking we would / should sell giving our league position and summer mini transfer embargo 

be interesting to see how this pans out I do hope if we sell we get a good price and we can steer of FFP

id like to know out if interest ( I know we won’t ) just how much we need to generate and what it looks like from when the first year gets wiped off to what we have left to spend giving the fact we could potentially a huge amout of reduction in our wages next year 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’d sell for the right price. I like Reach and he’s come on bucket loads since his first season when he was quite frankly awful. I do feel that he goes missing a lot during games and I wonder if people would still be interested if not for the two wonder goals that everyone saw live on Sky against Weeds and WBA.

Having 3 teams interested should hopefully drive the price up as they try to outbid each other to secure his services. This deal could hold the key to solving our ffp problems. Would we miss reach? Yes. But Is he replaceable? Yes. We need to start running our club like many other successful ones have done in the past. Selling players while there stock is high and replace them while making a profit. 

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I do feel that he goes missing a lot during games and I wonder if people would still be interested if not for the two wonder goals that everyone saw live on Sky against Weeds and WBA.

I think Premier League recruitment nowadays involves a little more than being caught up in the hype of a couple of classy goals. 

1 hour ago, swfcjam said:

Having 3 teams interested should hopefully drive the price up as they try to outbid each other to secure his services. This deal could hold the key to solving our ffp problems. Would we miss reach? Yes. But Is he replaceable? Yes. We need to start running our club like many other successful ones have done in the past. Selling players while there stock is high and replace them while making a profit. 

Absolutely, sign someone for 5m, sell for 15+ reinvest it in 2 or 3 players and keep improving the squad in a sustainable manner.

Edited by Blue and white