OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

18 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The recent Dutch buys and the Portuguese ones will be on a pittance compared to what the rest earn and under 10k. Joao will be over that now but Matias is still on his first deal here and I'd say he's on 5k which probably doubled his salary from Portugal.

Van Aken won't be on much more than 6 and Pelupessy likely be under but pushing 10.

Longer serving players like nuhiu and Palmer won't be on much either compared.

Average wage in this division is about 8k I'd reckon. Although that's only going to go up with influx of cash.

Even if these players were only being paid less than 10k, which is probably not right anyway, they weren’t brought in on free transfers which is what the criteria was. If they were free transfers they’d either be worse players or demand higher wages.

Only being able to sign players one in one out on free transfers under 10k would be fairly disastrous really. Would certainly leave little scope for building a promotion squad.

Really will be surprised if we do much buisness in January, I know that 3 coming in was mentioned but I think it’s gonna be very very hard 

9 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

There's no chance Joao would ever move there. The financials are totally out.

Like Guru said, they're after Wildschut, who is a quick and built like a brick you know what (but not particularly good). 

Not sure pace is something they need with how they play. They play with such a high line, and press so high up, there's not too often space to exploit. They lack a big man for the ball in the box, and Madine is ideal for that. 

Mind you, they aren't doing bad with Sharp and McGoldrick up there at the minute. 

Yeah I know what exactly what you're saying and agree that madine will be a good fit (if their fans allow it) but the pace option allows you an alternative, something that they don't as yet have. I know it was an old chestnut on here regarding us lacking pace under CC but I could never figure out why he wouldn't have that option in his squad  (I mean pure pace), when he had just about every other element and then bought the same elements again. Just to give yourself a different option for when things don't go as planned. 

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

I hope so. For all the positivity surrounding Steve Bruce, I hope consideration is still given to the financial implications.

Yep, certainly until any real investment is announced. We don’t need much, but two or three incomings could freshen up the squad, but yes loans or frees It will be interesting to see how a few missing ingredients will see us shape up

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why Sonny, I’m interested? 

Well I suppose that’s a bit strong but I don’t think we’ll get near the play offs and I think we’ll be plenty good enough to stay up. So unless we can find a long term solution to a problem position at a price that’s not going to break the bank - which isn’t generally what the January transfer window is all about and would need to happen before our manager has even taken a training session - then I’d rather we just take stock, save money and prepare for the huge changes we’ll need to make in the summer.

If you think we can push for the play offs then I can understand why you’d want more but otherwise getting a few loans in for six months just seems like a waste of money.

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Well I suppose that’s a bit strong but I don’t think we’ll get near the play offs and I think we’ll be plenty good enough to stay up. So unless we can find a long term solution to a problem position at a price that’s not going to break the bank - which isn’t generally what the January transfer window is all about and would need to happen before our manager has even taken a training session - then I’d rather we just take stock, save money and prepare for the huge changes we’ll need to make in the summer.

If you think we can push for the play offs then I can understand why you’d want more but otherwise getting a few loans in for six months just seems like a waste of money.

I do think we have a shot at reaching the play offs, but that’s by the by. Realistically, the odds are against that happening, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I’m really interested to see the team dynamic with those missing ingredients in place. They will be loanees, so maybe not the final solutions, but it will give us an indication of what we’ll need for a proper tilt next season. Certainly I don’t envisage the wholesale changes some are suggesting, and I’d also expect we’ll see more departures than arrivals

Edited by gurujuan

30 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yeah I know what exactly what you're saying and agree that madine will be a good fit (if their fans allow it) but the pace option allows you an alternative, something that they don't as yet have. I know it was an old chestnut on here regarding us lacking pace under CC but I could never figure out why he wouldn't have that option in his squad  (I mean pure pace), when he had just about every other element and then bought the same elements again. Just to give yourself a different option for when things don't go as planned. 

We did have one player with electric pace when CC was manager Helan. The only problem was he couldnt play football.

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

So the fact our wage bill was £30m, and the figures that you seem to subscribe to would leave us well short of that wage bill, is completely superfluous to the equation then?  

If you insist. When the c.£15m losses are announced in the next couple of months (My estimate is £12m, but I've actually under-guesstimated our losses for two consecutive years now, so I'm preparing for the worst), it will be something of a surprise to you I'm sure, considering we're only paying most of our players about £500,000 a year (£10k p/w). 

There you go again , show me where I have subscribed to any figures ?? 

I have not got the foggiest what our players earn , and I can assure you I don't really care .

I would like the club to be run in a tight business like fashion  but I cannot Influence anything of the sort , if Mr C wants to pay player B in groats or in Diamonds thats his promble and he will sink or swim by his decisions 

People like you who are trying to second guess wages etc using made up scenarios aint going to influence Jacksh11t

Happy number crunching/ guessing 

30 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

There you go again , show me where I have subscribed to any figures ?? 

I have not got the foggiest what our players earn , and I can assure you I don't really care .

I would like the club to be run in a tight business like fashion  but I cannot Influence anything of the sort , if Mr C wants to pay player B in groats or in Diamonds thats his promble and he will sink or swim by his decisions 

People like you who are trying to second guess wages etc using made up scenarios aint going to influence Jacksh11t

Happy number crunching/ guessing 

If you don't care, why do you feel the need to comment on my posts where I post the thing you don't care about? :rolleyes:

Beyond that, I think your post is totally fair. Have a good weekend mate, fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

Guest wilyfox
36 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Well David Jones is on 300k pw, and Wilder is outraged.