OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

12 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I doubt we'll be paying anywhere near that for the loan players, in fact wouldn't be surprised if we were paying 0 towards them.

The recent Dutch buys and the Portuguese ones will be on a pittance compared to what the rest earn and under 10k. Joao will be over that now but Matias is still on his first deal here and I'd say he's on 5k which probably doubled his salary from Portugal.

Van Aken won't be on much more than 6 and Pelupessy likely be under but pushing 10.

Longer serving players like nuhiu and Palmer won't be on much either compared.

Average wage in this division is about 8k I'd reckon. Although that's only going to go up with influx of cash.

Our wage bill was 30M the other year. Divide that by 30ish players. Then its pretty much 1M a year per player or 20k per week.

26 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Norwich are recalling a striker back from his loan

Could this mean we are about to do the same with Rhodes?

I think both clubs have to agree to terminate or it can’t happen so it is possible to get him back

Cannot see us recalling Rhodes.

Norwich paid, a substantial, loan fee for the deal. If Rhodes is recalled, we'd have to forgo that fee (or at least part of it). 

In our current financial impasse, we can't be missing out on those sorts of expected income, for a player we don't really need. 

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Casbahowl - why the neg to my above comment, just curious like? Maybe I imagined DC's comment about us being an 8 figure sum outside FFP (or whatever it's called these days).

It’s not a neg pal it’s a disagree!

I was at the forum too and listened to his comments in the whole and not just in isolation!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I think both clubs have to agree to terminate or it can’t happen so it is possible to get him back

My understanding, according to the Norwich Pink Un, is that Rhodes can be recalled, but only if we decide to sell him elsewhere

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Casbahowl - why the neg to my above comment, just curious like? Maybe I imagined DC's comment about us being an 8 figure sum outside FFP (or whatever it's called these days).

He did say that but he also said it would not be as bad this coming year. the idea is to have a plan to get back to an even keel so as long as they see things going in right direction should be ok. Accounts will be assessed in April so hopefully not placed under embargo. then in summer have a go stick or bust. it may be we have unearthed another income stream. Quite sure SB would not have come if we had said we were strapped for cash.

26 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Wage bill will be for all staff won't it? Maybe not commercial staff.

Jack Hunt was on a smidge under £20k. We know McGugan was in the high teens. 

You can extrapolate from that that your guesstimates of player's wages are way off the mark... probably close to half what they should be.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Our wage bill was 30M the other year. Divide that by 30ish players. Then its pretty much 1M a year per player or 20k per week.

Give over, theres 5 players on £50,000 a week here, thats 5 players responsible for £13 million of the wage bill, so someone keeps insisting anyway :tongue:

14 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I doubt we'll be paying anywhere near that for the loan players, in fact wouldn't be surprised if we were paying 0 towards them.

The recent Dutch buys and the Portuguese ones will be on a pittance compared to what the rest earn and under 10k. Joao will be over that now but Matias is still on his first deal here and I'd say he's on 5k which probably doubled his salary from Portugal.

Van Aken won't be on much more than 6 and Pelupessy likely be under but pushing 10.

Longer serving players like nuhiu and Palmer won't be on much either compared.

Average wage in this division is about 8k I'd reckon. Although that's only going to go up with influx of cash.

I think you are so far off the mark that you must be visiting from 2006!

Look at the wage bill in our accounts!

The wage bill for our non-football  staff will be £2m max.  Then do the maths!

Average Championship wage is £25K for a first teamer according to this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.888sport.com/blog/football/championship/how-much-do-championship-football-players-get-paid%3famp

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt