OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

16 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think the opposite

The rules dictate we must be allowed 24 players

If Bruce is saying we have 27 players and he releases 14

Under the rules we will be allowed to sign 11 players

Whether we do release 14 to sign 11, will depend on whether Bruce can find 11 players better than the 14 we release

There will be changes, and plenty of them

If we don't make changes, we will not improve

May not be better than what we release. May be on less wages though. We need to get our finances in order, getting better may take longer

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

May not be better than what we release. May be on less wages though. We need to get our finances in order, getting better may take longer

I think the big earners will definitely be released, I'm not sure about Westwood, he's a good keeper but misses a lot of games, I suppose it will come down to his wages

There's a case for keeping Palmer on his current form, I still maintain his final ball is awful, but I shouldn't think he's on high wages so it would make sense to keep him, but I'd be disappointed if he's first choice right back next season

Bruce has had a knack of spotting decent up and coming talent in the past, hopefully he can unearth a gem or two

It will be an interesting summer

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

35 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think the opposite

Whether we do release 14 to sign 11, will depend on whether Bruce can find 11 players better than the 14 we release

We have 32 first team players, including the injured, and 27 isn’t too many more than the optimum 24-25. A bit bizarre from Bruce, unless he was misquoted

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think the opposite

The rules may dictate that you have to be allowed 24 players so say he does release the lot and is allowed to bring in 11.

Then couldn't there also be a rule that says all them 11 players can earn no more than 10k a week?

We won't go down that route. whoever he wants to keep will sign contracts before the end of the season I am sure of it.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Think the club probably has a vague idea about the sort of situation we will be in in the summer with FFP. And I think we will see a lot of players given new contracts early just in case we are in a situation where we can't give any new player above a 10k wage limit. Or even offer existing players new deals above 10k. If that's how it works.

Trouble is our players are high earners, why offer them new contracts. Thats what caused the problem in the first place.

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

Cant wait for the clearout myself. Will be like sorting the loft out and getting rid of all that stuff just taking up space. Get rid.

Every summer, for the past 20 years, someone on OT is demanding a total clearout 

577fbb3d2fc71_NeilTalkingShit.png.ebdf5c2a803854f352ab3859217825a0.png

19 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Trouble is our players are high earners, why offer them new contracts. Thats what caused the problem in the first place.

Expect at least 3 or 4 of the players to be offered new deals similar to what they are on now. We won't lose them all.

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Every summer, for the past 20 years, someone on OT is demanding a total clearout 

577fbb3d2fc71_NeilTalkingShit.png.ebdf5c2a803854f352ab3859217825a0.png

Thats one kind of clearout i guess. When was the last time we had a dozen or so players expiring at once though? 

Doesnt happen very often, its a blessing if you ask me looking at our wage bill and injury problems.

24 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Thats one kind of clearout i guess. When was the last time we had a dozen or so players expiring at once though? 

Doesnt happen very often, its a blessing if you ask me looking at our wage bill and injury problems.

We always seem to have a few. 

I'm still kinda hoping Hooper & Lee can prove their fitness.

Realistically though, I agree that this maybe the year of the sh*tstorm 

post-445-0-40709900-1346107848_thumb.png  

There are 14 players out of contract, some of them on big money, most of them haven't been first team regulars this season

The club would be mad not to have a big clear out

Let them go and play in some other clubs treatment room

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.