OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Do we need him.? Lees and Hector doing a magnificent job there. And Thorniley is a more than capable backup.

Less than Derby do, that’s for sure. Ideally you want 4 centre backs, we currently have five, but of those, will Hector, Van Aken and Pudil be here next season?

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Less than Derby do, that’s for sure. Ideally you want 4 centre backs, we currently have five, but of those, will Hector, Van Aken and Pudil be here next season?

Maybe not, but I was thinking more of saving the wage of a player for the rest of the season who maybe lucky to play 5 times.

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Listening to his interview you can count iorfa too 

49 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think you can say Westwood, Palmer and believe it or not Boyd may get new deals think the rest will be let go.

(Based on what we have seen from Bruce's selections so far.)

whilst Boyd wasnt given much of a chance by CC and Jos  if I'm honest I don't see what he gives to the team  certainly saturday I'dve hooked him  off much earlier

8 minutes ago, steelowl said:

whilst Boyd wasnt given much of a chance by CC and Jos  if I'm honest I don't see what he gives to the team  certainly saturday I'dve hooked him  off much earlier

Bruce might think differently though. He is a big fan of old been there, done that pros.

Think Boyd more a case of now he’s fit enough to play. 

I bet Joey n Cameron wished Jos still here. 

No coincidence Westwood n Hutch are back int side and get 7 clean sheets from 11. 

From what Boyd offers with wage he will be on he needs to go. 

Him Abdi n Jones will be massive saving. 

16 hours ago, steelowl said:

Why would we keep boyd, hes expensive and offers nowt? Why on earth sign him up again. Makes no sense to me.

PS. This should have been in response to the previous post, not yours. Sorry

Edited by billyblack
Update

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Cant wait for the clearout myself. Will be like sorting the loft out and getting rid of all that stuff just taking up space. Get rid.

If it’s anything like me sorting out stuff, most of it goes back in the cupboard

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Think you can say Westwood, Palmer and believe it or not Boyd may get new deals think the rest will be let go.

(Based on what we have seen from Bruce's selections so far.)

I think it will depend on who is available on a free

I would imagine Bruce will only resign the 3 players you've mentioned if he cannot find better

And players like Westwood may find better offers elsewhere

It's going to be an interesting summer

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think it will depend on who is available on a free

I would imagine Bruce will only resign the 3 players you've mentioned if he cannot find better

And players like Westwood may find better offers elsewhere

It's going to be an interesting summer

Think the club probably has a vague idea about the sort of situation we will be in in the summer with FFP. And I think we will see a lot of players given new contracts early just in case we are in a situation where we can't give any new player above a 10k wage limit. Or even offer existing players new deals above 10k. If that's how it works.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Think the club probably has a vague idea about the sort of situation we will be in in the summer with FFP. And I think we will see a lot of players given new contracts early just in case we are in a situation where we can't give any new player above a 10k wage limit. Or even offer existing players new deals above 10k. If that's how it works.

I think the opposite

The rules dictate we must be allowed 24 players

If Bruce is saying we have 27 players and he releases 14

Under the rules we will be allowed to sign 11 players

Whether we do release 14 to sign 11, will depend on whether Bruce can find 11 players better than the 14 we release

There will be changes, and plenty of them

If we don't make changes, we will not improve

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.