OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

This is a bit like Christmas adverts on TV in August  :dry:

... Westwood to Stoke (if they manage to persuade someone to cough up for Butland)

Once the squad is hopefully more settled in January and we have the likes of Hooper and Lee a bit more involved then this is the time I expect to see some of the youngsters go out to other clubs on 3 month loans or to the end of the season. It will do some the world of good - providing we as a club have done the groundwork first and know they’ll be involved heavily wherever they are going.

The players I’m on about here are the likes of Nielsen, Kirby, Stobbs, O’Grady, Borukov and Hunt. There’s probably a couple more you could throw into the mix. Personally if Stobbs was tongononmloan I’d see it as a pathway to his next club as he’s not really progressed in the past couple of years. 

2 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Once the squad is hopefully more settled in January and we have the likes of Hooper and Lee a bit more involved then this is the time I expect to see some of the youngsters go out to other clubs on 3 month loans or to the end of the season. It will do some the world of good - providing we as a club have done the groundwork first and know they’ll be involved heavily wherever they are going.

The players I’m on about here are the likes of Nielsen, Kirby, Stobbs, O’Grady, Borukov and Hunt. There’s probably a couple more you could throw into the mix. Personally if Stobbs was tongononmloan I’d see it as a pathway to his next club as he’s not really progressed in the past couple of years. 

Personally I’d like to see the youngsters involved in the first team. I’d particularly like Borukov to be given a chance at this level to see how he fares. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liam said:

Personally I’d like to see the youngsters involved in the first team. I’d particularly like Borukov to be given a chance at this level to see how he fares. 

I’d like that too but if Hooper is back in the picture by then there’s even less chance of that happening.

In a year or two Borukov could be quit a bull of a CF and could easily play the lone striker role if adopted still.

Depends where we are, mid table as expected, don't see any incoming business, around the top 6 DC may roll the dice as much as is possible with financial constraints imposed by EFL .

With contracts ending at the end of the season may have opportunity to release some players early and expect our business to be outgoings if anyone stupid enough to take our fringe players on silly wages.

2 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I’d like that too but if Hooper is back in the picture by then there’s even less chance of that happening.

In a year or two Borukov could be quit a bull of a CF and could easily play the lone striker role if adopted still.

Saw him play for U23s last week looks absolutely light years away from joining first team squad 

35 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

My fault was meant to reply to Liams post 

Must admit I haven’t seen him play. But reading match reports he gets a good write up and seems to keep banging goals in.  I was thinking more about having the youngster in and around the first team so they feel part of the club and like they May actually get a chance if they do well. Could be key to keeping hold of the better ones down the line. Was thinking if they love the club, less chance of them leaving if other clubs come calling near to when their contracts are up. Look at bannan, I’m sure plenty of clubs at our level would have him, and I’m sure some enquired / tapped his agent up. Wages aside he said he stayed because he loves the club and feels valued and like the fans want him. 

Contrast with Clare who wouldn’t sign and left himself without a club.