Chelsea Away

6 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Yes but what year?

I've got a 100pound bet with Kibris

Memories fading - but if i remember correctly it was the 82/83 season - didnt we beat em at Hillsborough and draw the away one?

4 minutes ago, Kibris said:

Memories fading - but if i remember correctly it was the 82/83 season - didnt we beat em at Hillsborough and draw the away one?

ooh 83, nearly mid 80s territory ;-)

I remember drawing 0-0 at home to them around 82/83 and we played Karma Chameleon at half time.

Was the first time i heard it

We lost 3-2 to Leeds at home the match before or after, after being 3-0 down.

Frank Worthington ffs!

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Can remember once in the 70's (think that pic is later). We were winning 2-0 ended up losing 3-2...I think...lost anyway.

5 mins before the end, gangs of chelsea hoolies came from behind...Bloody carnage it were :angry:

They casually walked round the back of the west stand from the shed end. Not a copper in sight then it was just a mass brawl. It was very tricky after the match as there was only one way out from that open end. Never had anything but fun and games when going to Chelsea, horrible place.

• Like 1

As I remember:

1. You walked round the ground thinking "wow we've brought loads" only to be greeted by a steward letting you in the away pen, and therefore realising you'd just walked past all there lot
  2. Coppers flushing out all the Chelsea fans out of every side street on the way back to the coach station
  3. There was a great photo of Steve Francis clutching at thin air at Gary Bannister's shot in the next home programme
  4. We played Chelsea, West Ham and Newcastle all away in December of that month