Most Long balls 2018/19?

There's a misconception with long balls. It doesn't mean aimless play. Long balls can be constructive too and be the quickest point from A to B. If we play 4-2-3-1 then a direct ball up to a front man of either Fletcher her or Nuhiu can work just as well with potentially 3 supporting. It gets us up the pitch quicker and if the ball is lost then hopefully Bannan or Pelupessy can pick up the pieces. It's good to mix things up and with a settled team and formation hopefully we will see this a bit more.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What the stats fail to tell us is how many of those are aimless hoofs and how many are long passes.

With Bannan pinging the ball all over the place, I tend to think a decent chunk of ours fall into the latter category.

Correct: look at Bannan’s 50 yard pass to Joao yesterday which Joao controlled on the outside of his foot before forcing a save from their keeper.

Wimbledon 1988 it was not.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Dear Deirdre.

One of mine is like a clockweight and the other is like a lonely pea... should I speak my GP or talk it over with my husband?

13 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We need to bust it more often than not IMHO.

Ouch..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going long when it’s required is my favorite thing about the Jos regime.

Under Carlos, everyone knew what was going to happen, all the time. We were so predictable. When it worked or was sublime, when it didn’t... soporific

Colin just got a team promoted by doing the same thing he’s been doing fur 30 years.