Some Sheffield Wednesday fans have forgotten how to enjoy wins

9 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Watching Wednesday is like making love to beautiful woman....

And then getting sudden onset premature ejaculation issues and her leaving you as a result

I think it is fair to point out weaknesses as long as you also acknowledges strengths in team and give balanced reflection. 

The OP is correct in some individuals just love to gripe and are stuck in a particular mindset and unfortunately nothing will change them. Something has upset them and they carry a burden on shoulder for ever more. It is like those still hanging on to previous manager when events have showed he did a lot of internal harm to club and can not bring themselves to admit he was not good for club. Others were tainted by a previous Chairman nad have been sceptical ever since and for ever expect the worse. 

If we keep performing above expectations I suspect they will slowly fade away only to return at first sign of grief.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

I don't like divisive posts like the OP.  Always turns me off when an OP claims early on that they're representing the majority. Shows lack of courage.

Full of 'others', 'theys' , 'us', 'them'

(I do get that Neil has a job to do)

I don't ever claim to speak on behalf of anyone else other than myself
I've never claimed to speak on behalf of anyone else
I just speak my own views

If anyone disagrees with my OP (which isn't a divisive post whatsoever - it's merely stating an opinion and I welcome debate on it) then let me know but if we're all honest some fans HAVE forgotten how to just enjoy football and enjoy wins

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

You must understand it is all so stressful. Iknow we can't race into a half time 5 goal lead, though I have seen it once. But I would like to be able to relax and enjoy Wednesday.

This has nothing to do with recent events. 91 League Cup two leg semi v Chelsea, Won at the Bridge 2-0 were we relaxed ? Went 2-0 up at Hillsborough, were we relaxed, almost. But then Chelsea went and pulled a goal back. That semi relaxed stated melted away like a snow flake on a hot shovel. So 4-1 on aggregate and most true fans were still on tenterhooks. Not until Paul Williams lobbed one into the Leppings Lane net did I feel confident enough to do a little dance at the front of the North but then there was little time left on the clock. Likewise at Cardiff 2 hours of football on the clock and nervous wreck until Talbot struck...Then my little dance.

It's a bit like being in a relationship where you have little or no trust in your partner, an irreversible feeling that they are going to let you down. They have done on many occasions but your love is not conditional, so you must go back for more. lol    

So basically you agree with my OP but negged it?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't ever claim to speak on behalf of anyone else other than myself
I've never claimed to speak on behalf of anyone else
I just speak my own views

If anyone disagrees with my OP (which isn't a divisive post whatsoever - it's merely stating an opinion and I welcome debate on it) then let me know but if we're all honest so fans HAVE forgotten how to just enjoy football and enjoy wins

Your post is very divisive.

Look how many times you've used the term 'they'.

Just now, zzmdu said:

Your post is very divisive.

Look how many times you've used the term 'they'.

It's not divisive in the slightest

Apologies if you personally are worried by it

As for using the term 'they' how else would you like me to word it when talking about people other than myself who have a different viewpoint from mine?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not divisive in the slightest

Apologies if you personally are worried by it

As for using the term 'they' how else would you like me to word it when talking about people other than myself who have a different viewpoint from mine?

I'm not worried at all.

However your post is divisive.

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I'm not worried at all.

However your post is divisive.

No it isn't

The fact you're finding it divisive simply means you have a different opinion

It's not a controversial or divisive post

You're oversensitive this weekend because you've been proven to have mad ideas about team selection that most people disagree with. That's fine. It's ok to disagree

But the OP is in no way divisive

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Watching Wednesday is like making love to beautiful woman....

...insofar as once you've frantically gone at at whilst completely besotted with the previously-unobtainable beauty in front of you, there's a sudden moment of realisation that you've blown your load, resulting in you desperately trying to stay hard long enough to satisfy her P&S expectations, as the alternative is to allow flaccidity to set in, admit defeat, and try again a little while later?

Is that what you had in mind?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

I'm enjoying  the winning feeling!

Yes I've had a moan earlier in the season, particularly after Brentford but happy with where we are right now:

- 3 wins in a row in the league

- Best start in years 

- Young players coming through and looking the part in the first team

- Re-signed Bannan and Joao to longer contracts 

- Recruited two players from premier league clubs who appear to have attributes we have been lookng for 

- Now have 2 weeks to work on the training ground to get Hooper and Lee nearer to full fitness 

More positives for me at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

I personally think a number of Wednesday fans aren’t able to enjoy our results because of Yoounited being above us in the league.  

There's summat in this without a doubt in my opinion. It'll be the same in the United fan base too. Us winning yesterday will have taken the shine off their win. I had a message off my mate at half time saying it was good that we were winning but a shame they were too. It's ingrained in us I'm afraid. The fact that they are above us and playing well will overshadow what we do for some people. 

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

@zzmdu?

You've  set up an 'us' reacting to a win in one way (pleased) & set up a them/they others who aren't smiling after a win.

By definition ALL SWFC smile when we win.

Who are your defined 'others'? Which SWFC fans (they), do you think aren't happy with OUR win?

Your poor OP if full of exclusive terms.

As they say. There's always room for improvement. Finding those areas is the key to us getting better.

I'm not saying people should be over the top saying things like well we have only beaten 3 poor teams and stuff like that. But suggesting not everything is perfect? Nowt wrong with that in imo