Some Sheffield Wednesday fans have forgotten how to enjoy wins

Whilst the majority of us are simply walking with a smile tonight, happy that we've won, got another three points, won three on the bounce, and got off to the best start that Chansiri has had since coming here thanks to Jos, there are others who simply can't enjoy the win

They've forgotten how

They're now in a state of nitpicking no matter how good the win, how valuable the points, or how important the message sent out to those players currently out of the side.

I genuinely hope they can regain the ability to just enjoy a win after we overcome and opponent and climb the Championship league table.

The level of nitpicking is worrying. It's an epidemic all over the internet from twitter, facebook to some on here too.

Please... instead of rattling off your concerns tonight, grab a friend or a lover, give them a hug, buy them a beer, and make sweet love all night long. Have fun, smile, and be positive - WE WON TODAY!

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whilst the majority of us are simply walking with a smile tonight, happy that we've won, got another three points, won three on the bounce, and got off to the best start that Chansiri has had since coming here thanks to Jos, there are others who simply can't enjoy the win

They've forgotten how

They're now in a state of nitpicking no matter how good the win, how valuable the points, or how important the message sent out to those players currently out of the side.

I genuinely hope they can regain the ability to just enjoy a win after we overcome and opponent and climb the Championship league table.

The level of nitpicking is worrying. It's an epidemic all over the internet from twitter, facebook to some on here too.

Please... instead of rattling off your concerns tonight, grab a friend or a lover, give them a hug, buy them a beer, and make sweet love all night long. Have fun, smile, and be positive - WE WON TODAY!

Nice sentiment.  

It'll never change though. 

In fact it will probably get worse. Not just here. In all football.

Misery likes company. 

I’m confused. 

It’s your forum and surely we all read and comment for discussion. Some of it sensible at times.

I’m well chuffed we won again and I’ll praise the things I’ve seen. Two quality goals.

I’ll also criticise what I feel was wrong. Bit just Wednesday this moan, but lack of players on posts from corners. We would have had a clean sheet today if we had. I see numerous goals at all levels that could be avoided. Back post is essential for me, corner of 6 yard box for front post too, dropping back if it goes over their head.

I was going to start a topic on this, but it seems like you don’t want discussion. I’ll just leave it.

8F42DEFB-9A83-488C-901C-18B52B4894FD.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

I’m confused. 

It’s your forum and surely we all read and comment for discussion. Some of it sensible at times.

I’m well chuffed we won again and I’ll praise the things I’ve seen. Two quality goals.

I’ll also criticise what I feel was wrong. Bit just Wednesday this moan, but lack of players on posts from corners. We would have had a clean sheet today if we had. I see numerous goals at all levels that could be avoided. Back post is essential for me, corner of 6 yard box for front post too, dropping back if it goes over their head.

I was going to start a topic on this, but it seems like you don’t want discussion. I’ll just leave it.

8F42DEFB-9A83-488C-901C-18B52B4894FD.gif

Anyone with a Seth avatar can do anything they like always mate

lol

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

... I should be so Luhukay 

• Like 2

Some people just see the negatives. That's in their DNA. My dad was like that, it could be the hottest day of the year and he'd chime up with, " Well pay for this come winter". If it was the longest day and every was enjoying the daylight far into the evening he'd say, "Night's will be drawing in tomorrow".

He enjoyed being contrary, going against the grain. He was far from being a miserable bugger, he liked a pint and having a laugh with his mates but he could see a negative in every positive. If Wednesday were top of the Premiership and had just won the Championship dad would be sure to remind everyone " This is as good as it gets, it's all downhill from here.

He used to drive me mad but that's probably half the reason he did it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We ended last season really strongly (I think it was 20 points from 10 games) yet we repeatedly saw people trying to undermine it by claiming that the opponents had nothing to play for. This was not only bemusingly negative after a horrendous few months but was also untrue. Off the top of my head I think only two of them were genuinely in a situation where they could be relatively relaxed in mid-table, and we lost one of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

They've forgotten how

So sorry Kim Jong-un.

Won’t happen again.

• Haha 1

We have some very vocal "supporters" who put their need to be "right" over and above the team winning games.

There are countless examples and on here you'll often see them being very negatively vocal in the Matchday thread but they totally vanish after a good result.

It wasn't particularly good to watch during the 2nd season under CC but we were consistently nicking narrow wins which saw us finish 4th.  Week after week some complained that we weren't winning by enough goals and it was pretty strange to see.  The irony is the same folk scream for the likes of McCarthy and Allardyce following any bad patch.

There's a mixture of stuff driving these folk but they are joined together in their collective anger, misery and their desire to have been "right all along".

If I ever reached the stage when my big smile which turns into a randomly appearing, satisfied smirk disappeared after the gaining of 3 points under any circumstances then it would be time to pack it all in!

I feel sorry for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4