Joey Pelupessy

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Word out of the camp is Abdi is looking very sharp in training and will be featuring on Monday for the u23’s. We shall see! 

BREAKING: Almen Abdi has just cut himself and will be sidelined a further 2 months.

We were told Joey was the type of player that goes unnoticed when we signed him. Break down play and get rid to someone else.

The type of player that would get you f all points on fantasy football but are extremely valuable in reality. The Kante type.

Will not set the casual fans alight who want drama, goals and assists but those who've played the game, often pundits see it straight away.

• Like 1

Great to watch him today. Stopped several counter attacks, won the back back high up the pitch as well as last ditch tackles and made many valuable clearances. He knows what he’s doing, and it’s no coincidence Jos keeps picking him. He’ll keep on getting better and is becoming an important part of this team.

EDIT: Can’t forget about his passion and commitment. Brilliant celebrations at the end. Also a bonus that he takes set pieces, unusual for a player of his type.

Edited by joelswfc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Brave call given many others who didn't make it or couldn't get fit under previous regime are featuring in their droves

All of the others are at an age where they can prove they still have a future at this club, Abdi is nearly 32 yr old and has been a complete waste of time at this club i imagine he'll be thrown on the scrap heap along with Westwood, Boyd and Jones.

Plus we aren't light in the position he plays especially now we have signed Onomah.

Edited by s6 owl

4 hours ago, RoyCroppersHair said:

He does the sh1tty stuff, stays close to their main threats, gets a lot of unfair stick imo, does a lot of work off the ball if you watch him carefully, been pretty solid I think sand earned his place

Was going to say the same.

Appreciated by players and managers for pressing all game.

Not appreciated by the uneducated (some fans).

10 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

All of the others are at an age where they can prove they still have a future at this club, Abdi is nearly 32 yr old and has been a complete waste of time at this club i imagine he'll be thrown on the scrap heap along with Westwood, Boyd and Jones.

Plus we aren't light in the position he plays especially now we have signed Onomah.

You may be right, I just wouldn't feel comfortable categorically writing Abdi off yet. Nuhui scored nearly a goal a game for a good spell last season. If you predicted that you'd have been laughed at by everyone. Funny things are happening at wednesday, all pleasant surprises.

Guest wilyfox
22 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Sorry for the neg mate. 

I normally like your posts. 

But im growing extremely bored of the Abdi injury jokes. 

image.jpg

We were told Joey was the type of player that goes unnoticed when we signed him

Bloody hell we’ve had more than enough of these type of players over the years, I know a few at work with similar traits, never knew this was a positive.

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Done well today.

Him and Bannan are really starting to show what a good partnership they are in that centre of the midfield

He seems to be the perfect foil for Bannan . Does the dirty work to enable Bannan to dictate the play. 

• Like 1

Way I look at it is Joey's biggest threat is Hutchinson for his position and when in the last few weeks questions have been asked to whether he can step up and keep him out of the team he has more than answered that.

Also love the way he just let's Bannan play the game he is good at. All our other midfielders seem to some what hinder him in this. He seem to get the best out of him and when Bannan plays well, we play well.

Edited by pazowl55

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Way I look at it is Joey biggest threat is Hutchison for his position and when in the last few weeks questions have been asked to whether he can step up and keep him out of the team he has more than answered that.

Also love the way he just let's Bannan play the game he is good at. All our other midfielders seem to some what hinder him in this. He seem to get the best out of him and when Bannan plays well, we play well.

couldnt agree more.