Forestieri

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And there... ladies and gentlemen are the cold hard facts

The facts don't lie, but that  still won't convince some that Fessi shouldnt  take someone's place in the team even though he hasn't earned the right too. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Since his return:

Started 8.

W3 D2. L3

Not started 6.

W5. L1 (loss to Fulham)

Its hard to make a case that starting him would have been better than bringing him on later.

Other than that we may have been more comfortable with our best player on the pitch.

In the games we’ve dropped points he’s been the one scoring 

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

A half decent Foriesteri is still better than Matias, Nuhiu and Reach.

I'd always start him, he's the only one in the squad that can do something out of nothing!

Agree about starting him but Joao is also capable of scoring from nothing.

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The facts don't lie, but that  still won't convince some that Fessi shouldnt  take someone's place in the team even though he hasn't earned the right too. 

Hes scored a fair few. They are facts, just depends how you want to present some stats.

Let’s have a bit of realism here. We have played 3 poorish sides and we have got 3 wins and im naturally delighted. 

However, FF is our most stand out player and we need to get him in the team. We have tougher tests ahead in September and October. 

I actually think that Reach will play in a front 3 when Onamah forces his way into the side. I’d play him on the right, FF on the left and one of our many strikers up top dependant on the opposition. FF must play and he’s our marquee player. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's funny this thread because it was this kind of thinking that got Carlos into bother. Despite seeing his team playing well and often winning, he just couldnt handle the idea that his favourites weren't out there. So he'd change a winning formula to shoehorn them in which often led to defeat. 

Great to see jos isn't affected by this. 3 games without FF in the starting 11 and 3 wins. Only an idiot would change it. 

Edited by poite

Just down to simple and proper player management for me, if it isn't broken then don't fix it!. 

Players get in and play well they stay in the side it creates the one thing all good winning sides have COHESION!!. 

Once a team gains this added to momentum then you can easily still rotate one or two out that get injured, lose form, or need a rest without it being to detrimental to team work. You also have the added bonus of players having to bust a gut or play well when coming on as sub to try break themselves back into the starting 11 and those starting giving 100% to keep the shirt. 

This is what we had under the stewardship of stu togetherness work rate, organisation and teamwork, we lost this especially towards the end of Carlos reign becouse HIS FAVOURITE 11 being out injured and he'd lost the players who he'd ignored and miss managed. 

• Like 1

Good that we have got 3 wins on the bounce, but I do think all 3 will finish in the bottom half of the table. The proof of this side will be in the next 2 months.

However, simply say ff not playing is the reason we won these 3 games is frankly bizarre. Who knows, we may have won all 3 more comfortably with him starting 11. I personally think he would have offered a lot more than matias has going forward and a similar work rate.

The big difference is the shape though. That’s what’s changed in these games, we are far more rigid, that’s not to do with ff. Its a tactical change. We’ve been more narrow without the ball, pressed the ball 10 yards higher and tried to move it forward quicker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poite said:

It's funny this thread because it was this kind of thinking that got Carlos into bother. Despite seeing his team playing well and often winning, he just count handle the idea that his favourites weren't out there. So he's change a winning formula to shoehorn them in which often led to defeat. 

Great to see jos isn't affected by this. 3 games without FF in the starting 11 and 3 wins. Only an idiot would change it. 

The point re CC is true, but it was also because he used to try and shoehorn players into a 442. I think the 4231 is ideal as it suits a lot of our midfield/forward players and accommodate more of them.

Dont think it was ff to blame for the bad start, we have also done much better not playing jva and playing 2cbs instead of 3 in a 4231/433!

We are rubbish playing 532.

Too much obsession with ff, he will be needed and his time will come imo

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Dont think it was ff to blame for the bad start, we have also done much better not playing jva and playing 2cbs instead of 3 in a 4231/433!

We are rubbish playing 532.

Too much obsession with ff, he will be needed and his time will come imo

I agree totally. His time will come and he will be needed and indeed used. In the meantime, get off Jos back and let him get on with it. 

• Like 1