Well done Sheffield Wednesday

Calm down calm down. 

Folk on here talking as though Jos wasn’t there at the DW or Griffin Park. On another day Fletch would have buried Hull on his own but didn’t, on another day Ipswich might have kept ten men on the pitch and toughed out a draw. 

Jos is doing well but the promble with Owlstalk which wrecked the forum for the last year of Carlos was 

Win = genius

Loss = clueless

Draw = dubious

Most of the time you could get the impression there isn’t another team on the pitch who might play well might play poorly or be both at times. 

As as an old timer I am chuffed to bits to see Jos playing youngsters and he has made some brave team selections lately. That said, I’m still not sure he knows what his ideal style or best eleven is. Three years ago we blew Arsenal away in the League Cup and we are some way short of seeing that kind of performance under Jos the Boss.

I personally think Westeood and Fessi should start but I can cope with him being a tinkerman so long as he doesn’t have any needless public Danny Wilson type spats which at the very least reduce the sell on prospects of valuable players.

Great win, good end to the loan window and good start to the break. Personally think Onomah will pressure Joey tbh, not seen enough of Hector to have a view. Squad is good enough for top 8, hope tactics and form are good enough for top 6. 

• Like 1

I don't know but perhaps I was watching a different game. Of course I'm pleased with 3 points at a ground which has not been a happy hunting ground, but I thought we were really poor at keeping the ball and for the most part our passing was wayward. I thought midfield completely allowed Reading the space to dominate and keep us in our own half for long periods. We just don't look like a unit; it's all too disjointed to me, albeit some individual performances were decent.

Hopefully it will gel better and the new and returning players will turn us into a real threat and give us more cohesion. As I said, happy with the points but not a convincing team performance for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daz said:

I don't know but perhaps I was watching a different game. Of course I'm pleased with 3 points at a ground which has not been a happy hunting ground, but I thought we were really poor at keeping the ball and for the most part our passing was wayward. I thought midfield completely allowed Reading the space to dominate and keep us in our own half for long periods. We just don't look like a unit; it's all too disjointed to me, albeit some individual performances were decent.

Hopefully it will gel better and the new and returning players will turn us into a real threat and give us more cohesion. As I said, happy with the points but not a convincing team performance for me.

I feel similar.

Really happy with the 9 points, but we’ve been patchy throughout.

Today we were poor and scored 2 great goals against relegation fodder. Ipswich similar.

Millwall was a really good performance.

I’ll not start getting carried away just yet, just celebrate the wins and bemoan the losses...which will likely come when we face some better sides 

15 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Has Abdi picked up another injury?!

Looking forward to having Hooper back though.

Stopped even thinking of seeing Abdi, think he is myth bit like Atlantis and the holy trail. Don't think they will find any of them in my lifetime.

22 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The self-appointed 'experts' keep predicting doom and disaster before games, but like the arrogant fools they are and completely lacking in humility at their inaccuracy, keep coming back before the next one to do the same. I suppose it's the broken clock being right twice a day approach?

I use this approach and it hasn't worked for me.

And our chairman, he must be feeling a lot better after recent results, personally ime glad for him, keep up the good work, players, management, DC, and most of all us supporters because we have contributed ten fold to this present feel good factor.

On 01/09/2018 at 16:55, @owlstalk said:

Jos Luhukay once again showing he knows his stuff with a genius team selection that got ANOTHER three points in the Championship

Three on the bounce

Time for fans to trust Jos

LOL

This post seems very familiar for some reason.... 

• Haha 1

On 01/09/2018 at 17:46, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Calm down calm down. 

Folk on here talking as though Jos wasn’t there at the DW or Griffin Park. On another day Fletch would have buried Hull on his own but didn’t, on another day Ipswich might have kept ten men on the pitch and toughed out a draw. 

Jos is doing well but the promble with Owlstalk which wrecked the forum for the last year of Carlos was 

Win = genius

Loss = clueless

Draw = dubious

Most of the time you could get the impression there isn’t another team on the pitch who might play well might play poorly or be both at times. 

As as an old timer I am chuffed to bits to see Jos playing youngsters and he has made some brave team selections lately. That said, I’m still not sure he knows what his ideal style or best eleven is. Three years ago we blew Arsenal away in the League Cup and we are some way short of seeing that kind of performance under Jos the Boss.

I personally think Westeood and Fessi should start but I can cope with him being a tinkerman so long as he doesn’t have any needless public Danny Wilson type spats which at the very least reduce the sell on prospects of valuable players.

Great win, good end to the loan window and good start to the break. Personally think Onomah will pressure Joey tbh, not seen enough of Hector to have a view. Squad is good enough for top 8, hope tactics and form are good enough for top 6. 

Love how this extremely good post, in the middle of all the nonsense, was ignored. I've given it a late plus.

Funnily enough, I was recently wondering if I had dreamt all the 'Pelupessy will be a future captain' stuff.