Reading 1 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday FC - MDT thingy

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Any chance you could do a flouncy monstrosity thread! 

Im not superstitious but they do make for a good giggle when they’re wrong! 

If I had time I would, just logged on to view that shocker of a line up 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

cmon Jos ffs you need to do better than that, FF and fletcher on the bench? Smh 

Totally agree. I just don’t get how Nuhiu and Matias start in front of Fletcher and Nando. Makes absolutely no sense to me!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Side I expected.

Matias or Joao done nothing wrong in recent games and don't deserve to be dropped for Forestieri.

Well done Jos keep sticking to them guns.

We won those games despite their performances. Nuhiu was appalling against Ipswich and Nando did more in 20 minutes than Matias did in the entire game!

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally agree. I just don’t get how Nuhiu and Matias start in front of Fletcher and Nando. Makes absolutely no sense to me!!

Fletcher is still getting back to prime condition and two games in four days probably too much for him. 

Dont think Nando done enough to displace those in front of him yet. 

I do love fact that arguably our two best forwards are ready to come on, hungry, fresh, point to prove!! 

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

We won those games despite their performances. Nuhiu was appalling against Ipswich and Nando did more in 20 minutes than Matias did in the entire game!

Did he cover more ground? Or track back as much? I think Matias work rate is what’s keeping him in front of Fessi just at moment. That said it’s a great sub to have, as displayed against Ipswich. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Fletcher is still getting back to prime condition and two games in four days probably too much for him. 

Dont think Nando done enough to displace those in front of him yet. 

I do love fact that arguably our two best forwards are ready to come on, hungry, fresh, point to prove!! 

I see your point but Nuhiu has been diabolical this season.  He just cannot start for me. Matias I can accept the decision as he has been working very hard, even though I don’t agree with it

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Big dave? Why oh why, anyone with half a brain knows he’s a last 20 min sub 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Nuhiu again??? 

Now that is favouritism. He's been gash

Last 10 starts for Nuhiu

No goal

No goal

Goal

Hat-trick

No goal

Goal

No goal

Goal

Pair

Pair

10 in 10 starts = gash

10 in 10 starts = a last 20 minutes Player

Jos is showing faith and loyalty in a player who was fantastic late last season and has had a So-so start to this season. Fair play.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Last 10 starts for Nuhiu

No goal

No goal

Goal

Hat-trick

No goal

Goal

No goal

Goal

Pair

Pair

10 in 10 starts = gash

10 in 10 starts = a last 20 minutes Player

Jos is showing faith and loyalty in a player who was fantastic late last season and has had a So-so start to this season. Fair play.

Well it's the managers choice. I can see why he's taken it but his current performances don't justify it. 

Especially the way Fletcher has been playing. 

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Any chance you could do a flouncy monstrosity thread! 

Im not superstitious but they do make for a good giggle when they’re wrong! 

I've opened an alternative MDT for people who want a meltdown before a ball has even been kicked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I see your point but Nuhiu has been diabolical this season.  He just cannot start for me. Matias I can accept the decision as he has been working very hard, even though I don’t agree with it

See @Holmowl post above.... 10 in 10 hard to argue with. For me he’s a useful foil to cause problems, make space for others and rough up opposition the goals but is unexpected bonus. 

Im not saying he’s better than Fletch, or vice versa..... thing is though in a 50 or so game season we have to share out the minutes. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I've opened an alternative MDT for people who want a meltdown before a ball has even been kicked.

You sir, are quite simply wasted on half these peasants! I was hoping by now though you’d have had your help create a super ted gif / meme! 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

See @Holmowl post above.... 10 in 10 hard to argue with. For me he’s a useful foil to cause problems, make space for others and rough up opposition the goals but is unexpected bonus. 

Im not saying he’s better than Fletch, or vice versa..... thing is though in a 50 or so game season we have to share out the minutes. 

I rate Fletcher higher but with the championship the way it is..it's a squad game now more than ever.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Again you make some good points sir. However, for me last season has gone. Judging Nuhiu on this season only, he’s been god damn awful. I agree about Fletcher’s fitness too. If that’s the case FF starts with Joao in the centre.