Reading 1 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday FC - MDT thingy

Just now, slinger208b said:

Yes. If you bothered to read my post in context you should realise i was suggesting it was a positive...

I did read it. The context wasnt positive from what i could tell.

If i hadnt read it, all 7 or 8 words of it, then i wouldnt have commented.

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Especially when made up.

771229693_ScreenShot2018-09-01at17_21_06.png.6338bc0ba4c8c25e105312ffd014ce0c.png

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288746/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2018-2019-Reading-Sheffield-Wednesday

Are we actually going to discuss our differing opinions of Nuhiu's performance today, or do you just want to leave it at that?

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't want to make a new thread for this, as I absolutely detest the relentless back-and-forth threads which veer between over-the-top praise and unwarranted criticism after almost every appearance Nuhiu makes for us, but now that the game is over, I think it warrants a bit of discussion here.

During the game, I thought he played the role of a target man / hold-up player very effectively this afternoon, and having now checked the stats, they support that point of view:

Nuhiu won 12 aerial challenges today - twice as many as any other player on the pitch. (Lees and Meite won 6 apiece).

He had 78 touches of the ball -  second only to Barry Bannan in a Wednesday shirt (80), and streets ahead of the third placed players (Reach and Lees - 60).

He had a passing accuracy of 81%, which is decent by anybody's standards.

I thought it was his best performance of the season so far.

Just what was it that made him look poor to you?

My MoTM and 8/10 for me, if he slots home the effort 1on1 from right of pen spot it’s as close to a perfect 10 as you’ll see at this level. 

He and Fletch both have it in their locker to run a game like that, when Fletch was at Marseille I think the young lad that went Chelsea up top said Fletch was best striker he’d ever played with for the hard work he does for team... that’s exactly what both bring, hard work, effort, endeavour and allow the more mobile, quicker players the space to get in behind! 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't want to make a new thread for this, as I absolutely detest the relentless back-and-forth threads which veer between over-the-top praise and unwarranted criticism after almost every appearance Nuhiu makes for us, but now that the game is over, I think it warrants a bit of discussion here.

During the game, I thought he played the role of a target man / hold-up player very effectively this afternoon, and having now checked the stats, they support that point of view:

Nuhiu won 12 aerial challenges today - twice as many as any other player on the pitch. (Lees and Meite won 6 apiece).

He had 78 touches of the ball -  second only to Barry Bannan in a Wednesday shirt (80), and streets ahead of the third placed players (Reach and Lees - 60).

He had a passing accuracy of 81%, which is decent by anybody's standards.

I thought it was his best performance of the season so far.

Just what was it that made him look poor to you?

You can't come on here with facts... you know this.   

Sloththis.jpg.dfbb83eb24de21f09eadb9d6e3a771c7.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

771229693_ScreenShot2018-09-01at17_21_06.png.6338bc0ba4c8c25e105312ffd014ce0c.png

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288746/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2018-2019-Reading-Sheffield-Wednesday

Are we actually going to discuss our differing opinions of Nuhiu's performance today, or do you just want to leave it at that?

Go on then post the real  % how many balls lost in possession, how many passes putting other players in a position of no where to go, dribbling to lose the ball

instead of passing, all in all a far better performance than norm, however still needed to be subbed, wasn't till Fletch and FF came on did we start to hold it upfield,

maybe not the big fellas fault, should have been help far sooner.

Still not a Nuhui hater but thought he had a poor game.

if every ball is kicked to his head and hes tall then technically he should have a lot of aerials to be won.  This happened today.

Its what he did with them that got/gets me.  Very rarely did anything come of these winning aerials.

He had as many touches as Bannan but not a single key pass tells that story.

His ability to prevent opposition starting an attack is virtually zero as they just play round him.

Not a day to knock, just im hoping that FF and Hooper come back to full fitness much quicker as I shrug when I see his name in the starting XI

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Go on then post the real  % how many balls lost in possession, how many passes putting other players in a position of no where to go, dribbling to lose the ball

instead of passing, all in all a far better performance than norm, however still needed to be subbed, wasn't till Fletch and FF came on did we start to hold it upfield,

So post the figures. You seem to know them

6 minutes ago, daleblue said:

We'll agree to disagree, then. If you find the stats you're looking for, let us know.

As I said, I thought his hold-up play and aerial battling was very good today, and he was important to a lot of our better attacking play, occupying their centre backs and allowing Matias, Reach and João to get on the ball and make things happen in threatening areas.