Reading 1 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday FC - MDT thingy

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Agree today. Atdhe was immense second half. Much improved on his last few performances. Maybe should have bagged one though 

Shame his shot on goal from close range didn’t hit the bet as that would’ve capped today off. 

Immmense performance and glad he’s an option!

Never get the it it must be him or him arguments! You need more than 11 players to compete and he’s more than worthy of a starting spot when he plays like that. 

Said to Mrs W this morning they really ought to win today but I had a strong hunch it would go badly. How nice to be wrong.

Three of the weaker sides put away but that takes some doing. This may be a miserable thing to say but I feel increasingly confident we will not be near the relegation battle at all, and that didn't seem at all obvious at the start of the season.

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

BBC said Bannan was MoM. “Ran the game”.

Posters weren’t highlighting him. Shows just what a player he is.

He was superb. Absolute heartbeat of the side.

But...there were so many positives, even when  Reading had a good spell in the first half. Namely the defensive work that Joao and especially Matias put in in helping out their fullbacks.

Penney and the much maligned Palmer were resolute and stopped loafs of crosses. 

Nuhiu grew and grew and his aerial power and hold up play , especially second half was immense and meant we always had a long out ball when needed. 

And the icing on the cake.....two absolutely fantastic TEAM goals.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He's our most complete striker, no coincidence since he's been given a proper run in the team since Jos came in he's been banging goals in. Another player we could make an absolute fortune on, fans can slate some of our transfers but we've made some excellent ones too.

The lad as so much talent get him playing with quality players and he will blossom. 

• Like 1

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I should cocoa...anyhoo.. there's a thread you could nip over to and start pairing the best two in each position...if you're not layed out like lamb and lettuce on holiday?

Back in Blighty.

On my way to thread.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, daleblue said:

He has to take Nuhiu off, having a poor game. 

I don't want to make a new thread for this, as I absolutely detest the relentless back-and-forth threads which veer between over-the-top praise and unwarranted criticism after almost every appearance Nuhiu makes for us, but now that the game is over, I think it warrants a bit of discussion here.

During the game, I thought he played the role of a target man / hold-up player very effectively this afternoon, and having now checked the stats, they support that point of view:

Nuhiu won 12 aerial challenges today - twice as many as any other player on the pitch. (Lees and Meite won 6 apiece).

He had 78 touches of the ball -  second only to Barry Bannan in a Wednesday shirt (80), and streets ahead of the third placed players (Reach and Lees - 60).

He had a passing accuracy of 81%, which is decent by anybody's standards.

I thought it was his best performance of the season so far.

Just what was it that made him look poor to you?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't want to make a new thread for this, as I absolutely detest the relentless back-and-forth threads which veer between over-the-top praise and unwarranted criticism after almost every appearance Nuhiu makes for us, but now that the game is over, I think it warrants a bit of discussion here.

During the game, I thought he played the role of a target man / hold-up player very effectively this afternoon, and having now checked the stats, they support that point of view:

Nuhiu won 12 aerial challenges today - twice as many as any other player on the pitch. (Lees and Meite won 6 apiece).

He had 78 touches of the ball -  second only to Barry Bannan in a Wednesday shirt (80), and streets ahead of the third placed players (Reach and Lees - 60).

Totally agree. Please dont use facts though on here. They mean nothing. Just get in the way of a good argument.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Your point was that FF is still on the bench?? Thats what you wrote unless of course you meant it was great that we have won three on the bounce without having to use him?

Yes. If you bothered to read my post in context you should realise i was suggesting it was a positive...

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How to make a post using intelligence

• Haha 2